“Perfect place to stay after hiking all day.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Beersl
Ohio
“Perfect place to stay after hiking all day.”
Reviewed 25 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

This chalet was perfect for us. I was traveling with my husband, daughter, and her fiancé. This cabin was beautiful, isolated in the woods, nicely furnished and equipped. The only thing we took was our food and firewood. The hot tub was perfect after hiking all day. The gas fireplace added a lot of ambiance. The beds were comfortable. We'll definately stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hot tub
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
MrsDarlen...
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“An Anniversary to Remember!”
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I traveled to this cabin with my Husband from 7/11/2015-7/13/2015. I was EXTREMELY happy with this property.

The Good :
This property is very beautiful. The owners evidently take pride in its appearance and EVERYTHING was immaculately kept. The furnishings were comfortable and in nice shape. The appliances were updated and modern. The cable service and the WIFI had no issues working. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the charcoal grill had been updated with a nice gas grill so when we barbequed there was no mess to clean up!

Check in was a BREEZE. The office staff were so friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The office was well kept and nicely furnished too. When we tried to BBQ and the gas grill didn't light, someone from the office was there within 5 minutes with a new propane tank and even stayed to make sure it worked!

The (Not So ) Bad :
There was a smell of rotten eggs coming from the drains. You could not smell it in the cabin but only when u ran water. I dismissed it as we were in the country and that perhaps they used sulfuric acid to keep the drains clear and that's where the smell came from.

The beds were Queen sized. This isn't a deal breaker at all, as they were comfortable and nicely made with wonderful sheets and pillows. However the rooms are big enough where they could benefit from a King sized bed.

OVERALL :

I LOVED this cabin. Old Man's Cave Chalets left such an impression on my Husband and I that we are already looking at their other properties to get away to in November for my Husband's birthday. I would definitely rent from them again. If you want quality, an easy breezy experience in a beautiful part of Ohio, this is the place to go through. You will not be disappointed!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing