“Authentic but...”
Review of Blue Rose Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Blue Rose Cabins
Ranked #14 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Logan
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Oleander cabin is authentic and peaceful. Large enough to host 10 guests( but only 1 bathroom).
A near by junk - homeless habitat
We were disturbed by moldy stink and mice which were our daily partners

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We stayed at the Blue Rose Cabins in the Rosebud cabin. It was so beautiful there and very peaceful and secluded. We celebrated our 20 year Wedding Anniversary. There is a wonderful Hot tub on the front porch and a grill and nice wooden rocking bench on the back deck. The cabin was fully furnished all we needed was DVDs because there is no cable. Not to far from the cabin was a Walmart so we got our food there and there was a few restaurants close by. There is no internet or cell service there that was the only downside but we really didn't need it.

Room Tip: This was more for couples but they do have Cabins for families
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Cabin was listed as one of the newer cabins, but had to have been years ago.
1. Cheap metal coffee table was bent and leaning bad.
2. Lots of buildup of dirt and dust in every corner.
3. Black mold heavy in the bathroom along every floor edge. Floor area by lavatory clearly showed they were doing quick mopping's by how the black mold was laying further out from the underside of the cabinet.
4. Coffee maker still had a little brewed coffee in it.
5. Lots of utensils but unfortunately no variety ie: 6 spatulas
6. No table inside to eat at but the did have a rickety old folding table and chairs in a closet, I guess they wanted you to use that for every meal.
7. The futon looked to be out of the 1970s era, the couch was so so.
8. Hardly any furnishings matched, as well as very few things for décor.
9. No remotes but luckily I had an app on my smartphone for that and was able to use the TV and DVD.
10. Shower had a bad buildup of rust. Not sure it had ever been cleaned. They make a product called RUSTOUT spray that works real easy...we use it in our home. In a nutshell it was just nasty.
We have stayed at many cabins in the Hocking Hills area and never had one even close to this mess. Had it been easy to get another right then I would have but everything within reason was booked.
When I called initially about the coffee table I could tell they were not real interested in the cabins except to get money.
By the way this was the PINE RIDGE CABIN.
If the owner or owners would like, they can contact me and I will go over the problems we saw that need immediate attention, and I would be more than willing to help them get their cabins in a competitive state so they will not continue to get bad reviews.
If they just do a rebuttal to this then nothing will change and I will forever steer people clear of there, and I'm sure they will get even more bad reviews.

Room Tip: Look for property owners that take pride in what they do.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My family had a wonderful time in the Naughty Pine Cain. It is new so it was super clean. It was full of towels/paper towel/tp as well as dishes/cooking ware, blankets. Hot tub was much needed after a full day of hiking! If you are worried about driving in on the gavel road this cabin is just inside the property so not far to go up the one lane gravel drive. I read a lot of reviews that were negative and was very worried. I did not have any issues with my stay at Blue Rose Cabins. We had a fabulous time and hope to return some day soon.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here to get away for a weekend. Everyone through the booking process has been very helpful and accommodating to our needs. Upon arrival, the cabins appeared to be clean. As we started to settle in I noticed the stove---the stove top liners were charcoal black and had food crumbs all over them. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the stove as we anticipated cooking food. When we pulled out the pot to boil noodles, it appeared as it had been around since the early 1900's and that it has seen much better days. They were blackened on the bottom and the inside - Not something you would ever want to cook food in. It almost looked like someone left it in the fire pit and picked it up the next morning. So for dinner the first night we had to drive in to town to pick up food. Now, the bed-- the bed seemed comfortable the first 15 minutes laying on it, however after laying on it all weekend it is hard as a rock. Not to mention it's squeakier than two dolphins making love. The hot tub was great. The last night of our stay, the heating unit began screaming and making horrific sounds that kept us from being able to sleep so we just turned it off and slept in the cold. Unfortunately, the blankets they provide on the bed are too thin and will not keep you warm, let alone completely covered as they are fit for a toddler. Aside from the obvious frustrations, we still managed to have a great time. I would strongly recommend bringing your own bedsheets, pots and pans, and cleaning supplies. If you do those things, you'll have a great time as well. Make sure you bring a 4X4 as the climb to the cabins are too steep for most vehicles!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
5.7 km away
Hocking Hills Inn
#26 of 29 in Logan
5.1 km away
Chalets in Hocking Hills

Been to Blue Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!