All reviews rosebud cabin hot tub hocking hills fire pit year wedding anniversary perfect size state park old mans cave beautiful cabin kim deck weekend woods grill walmart dvds privacy
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Cabin was listed as one of the newer cabins, but had to have been years ago.
1. Cheap metal coffee table was bent and leaning bad.
2. Lots of buildup of dirt and dust in every corner.
3. Black mold heavy in the bathroom along every floor edge. Floor area by lavatory clearly showed they were doing quick mopping's by how the black mold was laying further out from the underside of the cabinet.
4. Coffee maker still had a little brewed coffee in it.
5. Lots of utensils but unfortunately no variety ie: 6 spatulas
6. No table inside to eat at but the did have a rickety old folding table and chairs in a closet, I guess they wanted you to use that for every meal.
7. The futon looked to be out of the 1970s era, the couch was so so.
8. Hardly any furnishings matched, as well as very few things for décor.
9. No remotes but luckily I had an app on my smartphone for that and was able to use the TV and DVD.
10. Shower had a bad buildup of rust. Not sure it had ever been cleaned. They make a product called RUSTOUT spray that works real easy...we use it in our home. In a nutshell it was just nasty.
We have stayed at many cabins in the Hocking Hills area and never had one even close to this mess. Had it been easy to get another right then I would have but everything within reason was booked.
When I called initially about the coffee table I could tell they were not real interested in the cabins except to get money.
By the way this was the PINE RIDGE CABIN.
If the owner or owners would like, they can contact me and I will go over the problems we saw that need immediate attention, and I would be more than willing to help them get their cabins in a competitive state so they will not continue to get bad reviews.
If they just do a rebuttal to this then nothing will change and I will forever steer people clear of there, and I'm sure they will get even more bad reviews.

Room tip: Look for property owners that take pride in what they do.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank bullfrog54
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My family had a wonderful time in the Naughty Pine Cain. It is new so it was super clean. It was full of towels/paper towel/tp as well as dishes/cooking ware, blankets. Hot tub was much needed after a full day of hiking! If you are worried about driving in on the gavel road this cabin is just inside the property so not far to go up the one lane gravel drive. I read a lot of reviews that were negative and was very worried. I did not have any issues with my stay at Blue Rose Cabins. We had a fabulous time and hope to return some day soon.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
bluerosecabins, Manager at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback and nice review. Glad your family enjoyed your stay at Blue Rose Cabins - Naughty Pine Cabin. We would love to have you and your family come stay with us again on our next trip to Hocking Hills!

Thanks again!

Derek Brammell
Manager
Blue Rose Cabins, LLC

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here to get away for a weekend. Everyone through the booking process has been very helpful and accommodating to our needs. Upon arrival, the cabins appeared to be clean. As we started to settle in I noticed the stove---the stove top liners were charcoal black and had food crumbs all over them. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the stove as we anticipated cooking food. When we pulled out the pot to boil noodles, it appeared as it had been around since the early 1900's and that it has seen much better days. They were blackened on the bottom and the inside - Not something you would ever want to cook food in. It almost looked like someone left it in the fire pit and picked it up the next morning. So for dinner the first night we had to drive in to town to pick up food. Now, the bed-- the bed seemed comfortable the first 15 minutes laying on it, however after laying on it all weekend it is hard as a rock. Not to mention it's squeakier than two dolphins making love. The hot tub was great. The last night of our stay, the heating unit began screaming and making horrific sounds that kept us from being able to sleep so we just turned it off and slept in the cold. Unfortunately, the blankets they provide on the bed are too thin and will not keep you warm, let alone completely covered as they are fit for a toddler. Aside from the obvious frustrations, we still managed to have a great time. I would strongly recommend bringing your own bedsheets, pots and pans, and cleaning supplies. If you do those things, you'll have a great time as well. Make sure you bring a 4X4 as the climb to the cabins are too steep for most vehicles!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BethanieTilley
Reviewed 6 May 2017

what a great place for the price. The cabin was clean and oh so comfy. Small hot tub,, private yard ,picnic table w fire pit. We loved our stay. Bring you re own soap and shampoo. We WILL return for certain.

Room tip: Ignore hoarders trash heap on rt, request left roadside right tough to maneuver the drive without 4 wheel in the best of conditions
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My wife booked us this trip and I speak for the both of us when I say AMAZING.. ADVENTUROUS.. We had the BEST time.... Cozy Cabin was perfect... we've read quite a few of these reviews and a lot of the complaints are so funny.... We loved the cabin and the spot... Thank you Blue Rose for making our first vacation together a memory that will last us a lifetime... GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!! see you next year....or maybe sooner... Joe & Jes.... Team J & J....

Date of stay: April 2017