All reviews rosebud cabin pine ridge hot tub hocking hills fire pit year wedding anniversary perfect size state park old mans cave beautiful cabin kim deck weekend woods grill walmart dvds
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We recently stayed in the Rosebud cabin and we were very disappointed with our stay. The brochure claims that these are secluded luxury cabins. There was nothing luxurious about our cabin. We have stayed at other cabins in Hocking Hills and they were in much better shape than this cabin. The first thing that was a big turn off was the carpet in the downstairs bedroom; it smelled and looked awful. We all wore socks because we were really grossed out. The sheets and the towels were not much better, old and worn out. There were not enough pillow cases to sleep 8 people. It's kind of gross to sleep on a pillow without a pillow case. The furniture looked old and worn out. The patio furniture was ripped up. The whole place did not seem too clean and needed a lot of renovations. We paid over $300.00/night so I guess we expected a little more. It's a shame because the location is nice.

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
5  Thank Maggs123
bluerosecabins, Manager at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2010

We take great pride in our cleanliness, so not sure about this one...The carpet is fine and has no odor at all. We do have enough pillow cases for 8...they just looked over them and did not see them. The towels and linens are new!

Reviewed 17 March 2008

It was nice for my husband and I to get away however Blue Rose Cabins needs some definate improvements. They say it s great for a romantic getaway, they only had 1 nice wine glass. The other was a plastic piece of crap that came from someone's wedding I think. The Hot tub was nice, however there was no skid pads on the steps and no railing....we almost killed ourselves when there was snow on the steps and we were wet. There is no hand railing on the front porch steps, so my husband fell down them because of the blizzard conditions. It is really funny the lady called me and told me I could check in early due to weather...It clearly states on their website that you can not reschedule due to weather so I didnt' bother to ask. They have NO phone in their cabins and cell phone reception in definately out of the question so if something happens you can't get ahold of anyone! No one even checks on you. You are down there on your own. There was several inches of snow when we went. They didn't even plow our driveway! I could go on and on and on. After I got home I sent them and email and told them about the batteries being dead in the remote controls and everything else, and she called and chewed me out on the phone. VERY BAD BUSINESS. TRUST ME YOU DON"T EVER WANT TO STAY AT BLUE ROSE CABINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5  Thank ARMYWIFE31
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2008

We are very sorry this guest was not happy with her stay. We did however contact her earlier due to weather and told her she could reschedule since the weather was so bad at that time! She said she wanted to go ahead and go forward with the trip eventhough we told her we will not be able to plow yet until the weather clears. That is the reason nobody was there when she was!! As far as her other complaints, we are confused....we always stock proper wine glasses in our cabins, have batteries for the remotes, etc. We do have a phone on the property guests can use if they want since cell phone is very spotty in the area. Nobody 'chewed her out' on the phone after their stay either? We are not sure why and what is making her claim this. We always strive for superior customer service at all times. Thank you.