“Rose Bud Cabin --”
Review of Blue Rose Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ranked #16 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Logan
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Just got home from our Hocking Hills night stay. My husband and I were celebrating anniversary and wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle. This is the perfect place for a couple of lovebirds. Only time we went out was for a massage and dinner at Inn at Cedar Falls. It was a beautiful weekend, but we loved staying in front of the wood burning fire. Each morning we saw deer laying and eating right outside the bedroom window.At night, the stars were amazing.

What to expect-relatively clean, seculded, ample counter space in kitchen, working gas grill, comfie bed and furniture. No phone in cabin or Verizon cell service. No cable tv-so bring dvd;s if you want to watch something. Well water-this is very common for any cabin in the mountains. The great woodburning fireplace. Get your firewood for $5 a bundle at the first place off to the left as you get on the main street near the cabin. Also a hint, in order for the flue to remain opened, there is a wire hanging on the right side and the flue flange fits in it. A table and a two seater chair is on one of the patio nice. Fire ring is available. Evidence of mice, but didn't see any. Again, expect this at a remote cabin. Hot tub felt great and is located on front porch, but felt comfortable enough to go buck naked. There is a dresser and closet (bring your own hangers).

How to make it better.-Kitchen utensils are limited. I brought a fryng pan and I am glad I did. Could have used a good cutting knife, garlic press, and peeler. Bring your own music and dvds. We also bring our own pillows and comfie. We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank need2trvl
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Rosebud Cabin. We are glad that you chose Blue Rose Cabins for your anniversary trip and are glad that your stay in Hocking Hills was enjoyable. We would love to have you come back to Blue Rose Cabins on your next trip to Hocking Hills.

Thanks again for your posting your review.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I want to thank Kim for taking such good care of us. I mentioned to her that we were motorcyclists and that I was new at it. Right away, she recommended the Rosewood Cabin, since it is the first one you come to when entering off the main road. Since 95+% of all cabins in the Hocking Hills have gravel roadways, this was my best opportunity to get some off road experience without having to negotiate steep hills, potholes, long driveways and turns in doing so.

For those who posted negative reviews here on Trip Advisor, I am sorry you didn't have a good time. Our cabin was clean and had all the necessary items. Yes, folks - the cabins are older - but it's not supposed to be a hotel - if you want that, go down to Athens instead. The hot tub was clean also - though we didn't use it, we checked it out and were pleased to see it was well-cared for. There is no TV reception, nor internet, nor cell phone signal - and that's exactly what we wanted - to get off the grid for a night and listen to each other and the sounds of the forest. The good news is: you can be off the grid but not far from help - just down the drive is a pay phone, and knowing there was a place to call 911 made being off the grid a safe and enjoyable experience. Bring your DVDs and enjoy your own movies; play a board game or cards - and enjoy things the way they used to be.

The side deck is an awesome place to have a beer as the sun is going down and enjoy the sounds of night coming on. What a peaceful time we had relaxing there!

I only gave an average review on sleep quality because we usually sleep on very firm mattresses and most places we go have softer mattresses than we are used to. As far as sounds, it was peaceful and quiet, so from that respect, sleeping quality was awesome!

For motorcyclists, I can say this: unless you are well-versed in travel on gravel, ask for the Rosewood Cabin. Though the Motorcycle Ranch has the Blue Rose drive rated at a "1", meaning do-able by even a beginner, I personally would give it a "2" up to the Rosewood, and higher for the cabins beyond that. Phelps Rd (leading to the entrance) is paved, fairly straight - but narrow, with a couple of hills, and has a high crown in the center - also, cars tend to speed down that road, so be careful. The gravel road up to the cabin is only a couple hundred feet in length once you turn off Phelps Rd - it goes slightly uphill, and then makes a left turn continuing uphill for about thirty feet to a concrete pad in front of the garage area next to the cabin. The concrete pad is a convenient and secure place to park your ride, as it is level. I would have rated the driveway a "1" if it had not been uphill and if exiting the drive back onto Phelps Rd had a better view to the right of oncoming traffic (there is a hill which blocks your view). Disclaimer: though I have a year of riding under me, very little of it is on hills and turny roads, and none of it is on gravel - this trip was meant to remedy that! So take my comments regarding motorcycle access in light of my limited experience.

Room Tip: The downstairs bedroom at Rosewood seemed to be a slightly firmer mattress than the upstairs bedroom...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for this great review. We do strive to keep our cabins nice and clean to make our guest like you happy. Just wanted to note that we also have newer cabins. We finished building six cabins (Cozy, Lovebird, Cupids, Sweet Dreams, Wildwood, and Big Woody) about six years ago. We also just finished 3 of our newest cabins (Pine Ridge, Overlook, and Treetops) in March 2012.

Thanks again we really appreciate your review!

Reviewed 24 October 2012

my husband and I decided to stay here for our honeymoon and it was the most romantic, relaxing stay ever. I have stayed at very nice hotels like the MGM, the Hilton, but was so thrilled to find this cozy quaint spot. it's like leaving behind the world and being able to just be the two of you. from the fireplace to the hot tub to the deck where we sat and watched stars that you never knew could be. you wont go wrong using the blue rose cabins....but I will always be partial to my rosebud...thank you again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your positive review. We strive to keep our cabins clean and take care of our guest.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We went down 2 times in 2011 sweet dreams cabin was beautiful and perfect for just me and my husband. The second trip we went we rented the Oleander cabin and we took our 4 children they enjoyed it very much also. Every year we try to make it back down. We are looking forward to our trip down again next week. We enjoy the beautiful cabins and hospitality. Its some where I would honestly say I would definitely go back to again. Just absolutely love it is the break me and my husband are looking for from the city life and we are able to have just complete peace and quiet and focus on just us. The cabins are spaced far enough apart for the privacy couples are looking for and are very clean and like home I tell my husband its like our home away from home !!!!!! Just love Blue Rose Cabins :) Thank you Blue Rose Cabins Establishment for always making our trip a wonderful and memorable one.

Room Tip: All the cabins we have stayed in are absolutely beautiful and like our home away from home you cant...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonnieallen
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had such a great time. The cabin was so clean. A great place to get away from a busy world, but close enough to join back into society when ready. My husband and I had a great time visiting the caves and hiking. The hot tub was a great end to the day after a day of hiking!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Logan
5.1 km away
3.8 km away
Hocking Hills Inn
Hocking Hills Inn
#26 of 29 in Logan

Been to Blue Rose Cabins? Share your experiences!