All reviews rosebud cabin pine ridge get away hot tub fire pit hocking hills we loved our stay year wedding anniversary perfect size deck weekend grill walmart dvds picnic ohio
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had such a great time. The cabin was so clean. A great place to get away from a busy world, but close enough to join back into society when ready. My husband and I had a great time visiting the caves and hiking. The hot tub was a great end to the day after a day of hiking!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Let me preface my comments by saying this was my first time staying in a cabin. We have been to this area, Hocking Hills, before, but stayed in Logan in a hotel.
Location: Fantastic. 4 Miles south to the state park and Old Man Caves area, and 4 miles north to Logan.
That said my first impression was not very good and this has been commented on before, but the issue seems to have been remedied. This is in regards to the driveway. Wow, very rugged to get to your cabin, especially since ours was way in back. Had an Altima which bottomed out several times until we got the correct "route" down. If you had, say a Corvette, forget it. That was unexcusable!
We stayed in the Pine Ridge which had 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, had received a larger place since the 1 bedroom wasn't available. There was only 2 of us, so it was roomy. Very CLEAN!! Did I say it was Very CLEAN!!! No problems at all with that. Air-conditioning worked great, thank god. Water pressure great. Sulphur smell, not great, but I understand the whole area is like that. Well water. Shower small, and no soap, but we bought some at the WalMart in Logan, so no big deal. Once again, my first time in a cabin. Bedrooms roomy, beds comfy. They could use maybe small dressers in them so clothes can be unpacked, no where to put suitcases. Did I mention everything was sooo clean. I know, I sound like Felix Unger, but that is important. lol.
Hot-tub was great, large and warm. Enjoyed it as the sun went down behind the trees. Our cabin was nice and isolated, very quiet.
Another issue was no curtains on the door window, which made us alittle unsettled at night, being in the wilds of Hocking Hills! So, we put a towel over it. There is a trailer park next door, but we heard no activity from it, seemed kinda deserted, kinda eerie.
Over-all good experience for my first time in a cabin. Location the key and cleanliness.

Room Tip: For a quiet time, ask for something in the back, but prepare for a wild ride (unless fixed).
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was looking for a "getaway" to relax for a few days so i started my search online. I knew i wanted to go to Hocking Hills here in Ohio. I came across www.bluerosecabins.com and saw the many cabins they offer. I originally called about the "cupids cabin" and Kim, the woman i spoke to said to look at the cabin called "tree top." For the same low price i could have a little bit more space internally. I knew upon viewing the photos that i wanted to stay in the "tree tops" cabin. Kim was very helpful, pleasant, and had great customer service attitude. I booked 3 nights. Check in is 3pm and check out is at 11am. Upon arriving, their directions were clear. The road to get to your cabin is hilly and large gravel with some low spots that can be rough on your car. However, i heard a tractor during my stay that sounded as if they were leveling out the low spots. We got to the tree top cabin and found the key right where they said it would be. Once we entered the cabin, it was gorgeous. It looked just as the pics looked online. The deck out back has a small table, 2 chairs, a grill, and a nice big hot tub. Inside it was spacious for 2 people. Fully utensils stocked kitchen (could've used a colander, a couple dish towels and a couple dish cloths(we had one dish towel and no dish cloth), and a pair of scissors). There is no cleaning supplies only a broom and dust pan, so if you spill something there nothing to clean it up with (think about bringing your own). The refrigerator was empty but was definitely not wiped out between guests. There was a big chunk broke off of one of the dinner plates and it was still in cabinet. The the wine bottle opener was snapped off and wouldn't open a bottle of wine. The bathroom is nice and spacious. The only change i would make would be to get a new shower head that is adjustable. The water kind of stung your skin and there was no way to adjust. Also add a shower curtain liner, since it was a fabric shower curtain water did get on the floor. Wishing there was a folding card fable and 2 chairs so we had a place to eat dinner other than on the coffee table. We called for the items i previously mentioned that there was lack of ... more towels and a wine bottle opener that worked , and were gracious and politely attended to. Kim made sure our stay Was comfortable. I will stay here again in this cabin. I will recommend this tree top cabin to others. I enjoyed my stay greatly. I make a review on trip advisor everywhere i stay since i rely on others reviews for future traveling. Thank you blue rose for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank cweekly
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I normally don't voice my opinions when they are bad; However, due to the complete lack of respect and customer service from the management, I have decided to write a review to warn others to steer clear of BLUE ROSE CABINS!

I mistakingly decided to book a last minute getaway for me and my wife. There weren't many cabins left since I waited until the last minute to book, but of course BLUE ROSE CABINS had one left. The rosebud. A quaint little 1 bedroom cabin with all the amenities at a fair price. So I called to book and the lady, Kim, took my credit information over the phone, charged my card, and the sent a confirmation email with their "policies" as a link in the email. I never signed anything. Was never asked to agree to anything. Just called, booked, and showed up with a key under the door mat (which made me feel very unsafe in the cabin).

Unfortunately, at no fault of mine or the owners, a very bad storm came through the town where the cabins were located right before my wife and I arrived. A tornado hit and the town was completely out of power. The whole county was in a state of emergency. My wife and I had just driven over 4 hours to get to the cabins, so we called to let the management know there was no power and bunkered down for the night. Kim let us know she had already phoned the electric company and she didn't know how long it would take until we had power. Because there was no power, the fridge was out and all of our food we brought went bad. We couldn't cook, we couldn't enjoy any of the amenities, we couldn't even see! There were no flashlights, lanterns, or even candles in the cabin.

The next morning, when the sun rose, I realized how dirty the cabin actually was. There were mouse droppings in the bathroom. The cabin looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid '70s. I looked past all of this because I wanted desperately to enjoy the romantic getaway I had planned for myself and my wife. We drove into town to get some food, but none of the business were open, including Walmart. Any business that was open only accepted cash because their credit card machines were down. Our cell phones had died by this time, and the "emergency" phone offered near the cabin didn't work either. My wife and I decided to drive 45 minutes to the next closest town in order to get food. Later that afternoon, on the second day, we called the management again to see what the situation was with the power and ask if we could just get a CREDIT OR REFUND since we could not enjoy our stay. Honestly, we could have had the exact same experience in a $40 tent! We were told that the management was not offering anyone a credit or refund in spite of the situation. We decided to leave anyway and tried to fight this with our credit card company and the Ohio Better Business Bureau, since we didn't get the services or amenities we paid for.

After a month we were told by both the BBB and our credit card company that the issue had been resolved by management because they had offered us a refund. THIS WAS A BLATANT LIE! Unfortunately for Derek, the owner, he gave his personal cell phone number to the BBB and they sent it to us! My wife called him and asked why he stated in his responses to the BBB and our credit card company that he had offered us a refund when this clearly didn't happen. He told us he would look into it and get us a credit. Keep in mind this was A MONTH after our stay! He called back and told us he would refund our credit card ONLY IF WE DID NOT POST OUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ONLINE! I have this email if anyone would like to see it! :)

I told Derek that I was glad he was offering us a refund as oppose to a credit because I would NEVER STAY AT BLUE ROSE CABINS AGAIN!!! I would have given my credit to another couple solely for the purpose of getting more negative reviews on this and other websites.

The cabin was crappy! The stay was exhausting and terrible! And the lack of empathy or customer satisfaction was astounding!!! And all the owner cares enough to do is respond to every negative comment with some outlandish excuse as to why what he did was justified! I GUARANTEE he will comment on this post to defend himself as well! All he had to do was try to rectify the situation with a little kind customer service and he could have turned a bad situation into a postive one. Instead, he just wanted to rectify his selfish, greedy decisions.

I WARN ANYONE CONISDERING STAYING AT THESE CABINS TO STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!! AS I SAID BEFORE, A TENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Owen W
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Please see my response to the review on August 13th written by this wife of this guest concerning their stay. My response is the same for this guest.

Anyone reading this review please understand there are two sides to every story. I do not agree with a lot of statements made in this review.

Anyone can call 1-800-426-6149 and ask for me if you have questions on how we handled this situation or about our policies.

Thanks

Derek
Owner
Blue Rose Cabins

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We REALLY enjoyed our stay at Blue Rose Cabins. It was a quiet and peaceful get-a-way for my husband and me. We didn't do a thing for 3 days (went to town once) and loved not having the phone ring, TV, etc. The only thing we would change would be the sheer curtains (not good for sleeping in), not getting any firewood (although you could buy some), and having to park the car up on a hill and walk down the long stone hill/trail to get to the cabin (stinks having to drag everything up and down the hill). All minor. One other thing, the road to the cabins is stone and very UPHILL. You have to go fast enough to get up the hill, but yet slow enough to avoid potholes....very challenging. Overall, this was our first trip to Hocking Hills and with our experience, we will be back!! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple