Holiday Inn Express Logan(Logan)(Great Value!)
USD 148
USD 103
USD 168
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 221/night.

USD 184
USD 145
Orbitz.com
USD 85
USD 77
All reviewsrosebud cabinpine ridgeget awayhot tubfire pitwe loved our stayyear wedding anniversarythe hocking hills areadeckweekendgrilltreetopswalmartdvdsgaspicnicohio
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was looking for a "getaway" to relax for a few days so i started my search online. I knew i wanted to go to Hocking Hills here in Ohio. I came across www.bluerosecabins.com and saw the many cabins they offer. I originally called about the "cupids cabin" and Kim, the woman i spoke to said to look at the cabin called "tree top." For the same low price i could have a little bit more space internally. I knew upon viewing the photos that i wanted to stay in the "tree tops" cabin. Kim was very helpful, pleasant, and had great customer service attitude. I booked 3 nights. Check in is 3pm and check out is at 11am. Upon arriving, their directions were clear. The road to get to your cabin is hilly and large gravel with some low spots that can be rough on your car. However, i heard a tractor during my stay that sounded as if they were leveling out the low spots. We got to the tree top cabin and found the key right where they said it would be. Once we entered the cabin, it was gorgeous. It looked just as the pics looked online. The deck out back has a small table, 2 chairs, a grill, and a nice big hot tub. Inside it was spacious for 2 people. Fully utensils stocked kitchen (could've used a colander, a couple dish towels and a couple dish cloths(we had one dish towel and no dish cloth), and a pair of scissors). There is no cleaning supplies only a broom and dust pan, so if you spill something there nothing to clean it up with (think about bringing your own). The refrigerator was empty but was definitely not wiped out between guests. There was a big chunk broke off of one of the dinner plates and it was still in cabinet. The the wine bottle opener was snapped off and wouldn't open a bottle of wine. The bathroom is nice and spacious. The only change i would make would be to get a new shower head that is adjustable. The water kind of stung your skin and there was no way to adjust. Also add a shower curtain liner, since it was a fabric shower curtain water did get on the floor. Wishing there was a folding card fable and 2 chairs so we had a place to eat dinner other than on the coffee table. We called for the items i previously mentioned that there was lack of ... more towels and a wine bottle opener that worked , and were gracious and politely attended to. Kim made sure our stay Was comfortable. I will stay here again in this cabin. I will recommend this tree top cabin to others. I enjoyed my stay greatly. I make a review on trip advisor everywhere i stay since i rely on others reviews for future traveling. Thank you blue rose for a wonderful time.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank cweekly
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I normally don't voice my opinions when they are bad; However, due to the complete lack of respect and customer service from the management, I have decided to write a review to warn others to steer clear of BLUE ROSE CABINS!

I mistakingly decided to book a last minute getaway for me and my wife. There weren't many cabins left since I waited until the last minute to book, but of course BLUE ROSE CABINS had one left. The rosebud. A quaint little 1 bedroom cabin with all the amenities at a fair price. So I called to book and the lady, Kim, took my credit information over the phone, charged my card, and the sent a confirmation email with their "policies" as a link in the email. I never signed anything. Was never asked to agree to anything. Just called, booked, and showed up with a key under the door mat (which made me feel very unsafe in the cabin).

Unfortunately, at no fault of mine or the owners, a very bad storm came through the town where the cabins were located right before my wife and I arrived. A tornado hit and the town was completely out of power. The whole county was in a state of emergency. My wife and I had just driven over 4 hours to get to the cabins, so we called to let the management know there was no power and bunkered down for the night. Kim let us know she had already phoned the electric company and she didn't know how long it would take until we had power. Because there was no power, the fridge was out and all of our food we brought went bad. We couldn't cook, we couldn't enjoy any of the amenities, we couldn't even see! There were no flashlights, lanterns, or even candles in the cabin.

The next morning, when the sun rose, I realized how dirty the cabin actually was. There were mouse droppings in the bathroom. The cabin looked like it hadn't been updated since the mid '70s. I looked past all of this because I wanted desperately to enjoy the romantic getaway I had planned for myself and my wife. We drove into town to get some food, but none of the business were open, including Walmart. Any business that was open only accepted cash because their credit card machines were down. Our cell phones had died by this time, and the "emergency" phone offered near the cabin didn't work either. My wife and I decided to drive 45 minutes to the next closest town in order to get food. Later that afternoon, on the second day, we called the management again to see what the situation was with the power and ask if we could just get a CREDIT OR REFUND since we could not enjoy our stay. Honestly, we could have had the exact same experience in a $40 tent! We were told that the management was not offering anyone a credit or refund in spite of the situation. We decided to leave anyway and tried to fight this with our credit card company and the Ohio Better Business Bureau, since we didn't get the services or amenities we paid for.

After a month we were told by both the BBB and our credit card company that the issue had been resolved by management because they had offered us a refund. THIS WAS A BLATANT LIE! Unfortunately for Derek, the owner, he gave his personal cell phone number to the BBB and they sent it to us! My wife called him and asked why he stated in his responses to the BBB and our credit card company that he had offered us a refund when this clearly didn't happen. He told us he would look into it and get us a credit. Keep in mind this was A MONTH after our stay! He called back and told us he would refund our credit card ONLY IF WE DID NOT POST OUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS AND REVIEWS ONLINE! I have this email if anyone would like to see it! :)

I told Derek that I was glad he was offering us a refund as oppose to a credit because I would NEVER STAY AT BLUE ROSE CABINS AGAIN!!! I would have given my credit to another couple solely for the purpose of getting more negative reviews on this and other websites.

The cabin was crappy! The stay was exhausting and terrible! And the lack of empathy or customer satisfaction was astounding!!! And all the owner cares enough to do is respond to every negative comment with some outlandish excuse as to why what he did was justified! I GUARANTEE he will comment on this post to defend himself as well! All he had to do was try to rectify the situation with a little kind customer service and he could have turned a bad situation into a postive one. Instead, he just wanted to rectify his selfish, greedy decisions.

I WARN ANYONE CONISDERING STAYING AT THESE CABINS TO STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!!! AS I SAID BEFORE, A TENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Owen W
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Please see my response to the review on August 13th written by this wife of this guest concerning their stay. My response is the same for this guest.

Anyone reading this review please understand there are two sides to every story. I do not agree with a lot of statements made in this review.

Anyone can call 1-800-426-6149 and ask for me if you have questions on how we handled this situation or about our policies.

Owner

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We REALLY enjoyed our stay at Blue Rose Cabins. It was a quiet and peaceful get-a-way for my husband and me. We didn't do a thing for 3 days (went to town once) and loved not having the phone ring, TV, etc. The only thing we would change would be the sheer curtains (not good for sleeping in), not getting any firewood (although you could buy some), and having to park the car up on a hill and walk down the long stone hill/trail to get to the cabin (stinks having to drag everything up and down the hill). All minor. One other thing, the road to the cabins is stone and very UPHILL. You have to go fast enough to get up the hill, but yet slow enough to avoid potholes....very challenging. Overall, this was our first trip to Hocking Hills and with our experience, we will be back!! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband rented from Blue Rose Cabins for the first weekend in July. A terrible line of storms went through right before we got to our cabin. First of all, the roads leading up to the cabin were awful. They're full of large potholes, and they're gravel so we were sliding everywhere. Anyway, when we opened the door we found out we had no power. The cabins are well water, so we also had limited water. We called and reported the problem right away. We were told they had put in a ticket with the electric company. We went to town to get food and ice, only to find out that the entire town was out of power. The food we brought to cook on the grill and stove went bad because we couldn't use the refrigerator. We couldn't even use the microwave. The hot tub was also cold and we couldn't use it. There were no flashlights, candles, or lanterns in the cabin. We sat in the dark the first night. Our cell phones died due to not being able to be charged. We tried to use the phone they offer down the street, but it also didn't work. We had no way to call our children or other family. We went into town the next morning to find out the whole town was in a declared state of emergency. They were rationing ice, and opening emergency shelters. We talked to people in town who owned cabins or had parents that owned cabins and we were told they were either offering full refunds or a free weekend due to people not being able to use their amenities and also understanding that people would want to get out of a city that was a state of emergency and go home.We are from a neighboring state, so our state was not declared an emergency. When we finally were able to charge our phones in our cars after finding 1 store open selling car chargers, and call and ask for a refund, we were told no. We were told the power could come back on at any time (even though we knew that wasn't the case) and they were offering no refunds of any kind. When we explained we hadn't eaten or showered or even had water to drink (remember ALL the stores were closed) they didn't care at all. I was extremely disappointed. I could have camped in a tent for MUCH cheaper and had the same amenities. I paid $200/night to have a hot tub, stove, refrigerator, microwave, and shower. However, I was never able to use ANY of these and was still expected to pay? I understand that you can't use them without power, but I normally don't pay for things I'm unable to use so I shouldn't have been expected to pay for them in this case. Be careful when staying here. I understand it was an "Act of God"... but the power wasn't out for just a few hours.... it was supposed to be out for DAYS. I think anyone would have wanted to go home, and I would have thought that a business person would have understood this. I will NEVER rent from them again!

I submitted this review, liked them on Facebook and complained, filed a complaint with the Ohio BBB, and disputed the charge with my credit card company. No one ever called me to make it right. Derek, the owner of Blue Rose Cabins, told the BBB they had offered me a refund, which had never happened. I let that slide and decided to wait on the decision from my credit card company. I received a letter in the mail from the credit card company a few nights ago stating the dispute had been resolved, but I wasn’t getting my money back. Enclosed was a letter from Derek to the credit card company stating they had offered me a refund. Signed by his name was his personal cell phone number. I didn’t hesitate to call. I was told I had been offered a refund by Derek. I told him that was a bold faced lie. He said they offered a $50 credit per night if the power went out while you were already there, and offered a free weekend if it went out before you arrived. He said he’d talk to Kim, their reservations person, and call me back. I didn’t expect a call back, but they did. Derek stated he was just going to give me a full refund, which I greatly appreciate. I’m sure it’s because they didn’t want me staying in their cabins again, but I sure didn’t want to stay in them again either! I was told I would get my money back if I edited my review on Trip Advisor. So here is my edited review. The trip was awful, the cabins were mediocre (and that’s being nice), and the customer service was AWFUL! In the end, everyone got what they wanted. I got my money back, and they got their edited review showing they "worked" with me. However, I would still steer clear of Blue Rose Cabins… there are plenty of other cabin rental facilities to choose from. No one should have to go through what my husband and I went through, and I just want to make sure everyone has a clear understanding of the way this company treats their customers

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kasey W
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

This review by the guest is mainly the result of our cabins losing power when the big wind storm went through Ohio at the end of June. Unfortunately along with 1,000,000 other people in Ohio our cabins loss electricity. When we lose electricity at our cabins we typically tell our guest that we can not predict when we will get the power back at our cabins, it could be an hour or days, and nobody knows for sure, so we can not tell the guest how we are going to handle any type of refund/credit or if we are even going to give a refund/credit. If the power is out for an hour for a guest it is a lot different than if the power ends up being out for a day or days. Any refund or credit that we do end up giving any guest for loss of electricity is more than we are required to do according to our policies that are spelled out on our website, policies that guest agree to when they reserve our cabins. This policy is pretty typical of a lot of cabin businesses in Hocking Hills.

During the process of the guest complaint through the BBB my reply to this guest complaint stated that we are offering to guest in their situation a credit for a future stay. What I ended up offering this guest is a full refund as opposed to a credit towards a future. I thought it was in everyones best interest to just refund their money and cut any ties with this guest. I did ask the guest to rescind (not revise) their trip advisor review if we gave them a full refund. Unfortunately the review has not been rescinded it has been revised.

We try to do what we can to make our guest happy. We have 12 other cabins and we had multiple other guest that were in the same situation as this guest. Some of the other guest
made the best of it, some got credits for future stays, and some stayed at the cabins without electricity and got a discount per night stayed, and it was not a problem.

I hope people have an open mind when reading this review and understand there are two sides to every story.

Please read our multiple other reviews to form an opinion on how we treat our guest and how we run our business.

Anyone is free to call (800-426-6149) and ask for me if you have any questions about this situation and how it was handled.

Owner

Reviewed 24 July 2012

My family of 5 spent the past week staying in the Pine Ridge cabin. It is a lovely, fairly new cabin in a beautiful setting. As other reviewers have said, it's not totally secluded- you can see several cabins from the deck as well as some trailer pads, but far from right on top of each other. The location is great, not far from the stores in Logan and also close to the State Park. We had a fire in the fire ring most nights and used the grill the others. The rates were very reasonable, $129/night I believe. We really enjoyed being able to fall asleep to the sound of crickets and saw many deer from the deck. The 2-bedroom cabin had plenty of space and beautiful woodwork all over.

A few minor issues- they tell you must have a 4x4 in the winter but not having one I would choose a cabin closer to the main road next time regardless of season. Pine Ridge is one of the furthest cabins back on the property and the rocky road to get that far back is poor- full of ruts and potholes that left my car needing an alignment. The water is from a well - it has a very bad sulfur smell. They say it is safe to drink but recommend you bring bottled water. Oddly, except for one hook there is nowhere to hang wet towels in the bathroom- or anywhere else. We had to hang them on the deck, which was bad news when it rained.

Overall, we had a great week and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a cabin closer to the main road unless you have a 4x4- and maybe even if you do. Bring bottled water.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PGHTraveller
bluerosecabins, Owner at Blue Rose Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Pine Ridge Cabin. We apologize for the condition of the driveway. Periodically the gravel driveway gets ruts and potholes from the cars driving on the driveway and we have to have the drive leveled out and more gravel put down. We just had the drive leveled out and more gravel put down about a week ago which must have been right after your stay. We will also put up more hooks in the bathroom for guest to hang up towels, etc., thanks for letting us know.