“Poor customer service & burnt pizza.”
Review of Donatos Pizzeria

Donatos Pizzeria
Ranked #42 of 65 Restaurants in Lebanon
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Reviewed 27 April 2017

I've been going to this restaurant for about 15 years, and something has drastically changed in the past months. We specifically asked at the register when we ordered for the pizza to be made saucy or wet, because we don't like how dry the pizza bakes sometimes. When the order came out, not only was there little to no sauce to be found, but the crust was DARK brown and the edges of the pizza were burnt. I'm sorry I didn't take a picture. The manager argued that there was nothing wrong with the pizza, and an employee just kept looking at the pizza and shrugging her shoulders. Another customer was upset that his order was burnt. With so much competition, we are not going back. There have been other problems leading up to this with quality, but we never had to feel like we were arguing with the staff. Additionally, since I paid by credit card, they had no way to issue a refund at the time of the visit. The quality was too poor to eat. (burnt & dry)

Reviewed 27 February 2017

The food quality was good and it was tasty. However, its staff was not particularly friendly or quick. The wait time was longer than it should have been.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We watched Donato's on Undercover Boss, and gave it a try. It's now our favorite pizza. Delivery is really fast too

Reviewed 5 August 2016

My husband and I haven't had Donato's in a long time and decided to go and have it for dine in,we ordered the large sausage and pepperoni and a small veggie pizza which was great,the best I have had in a long time,it is a little pricey,but,it's worth it,yes,I would return again.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

First of all, we've loved Donato's pizza and sandwiches for years. But the last time or two we've gotten delivery from this one, it's come well early or late of our requested time. Recently, I called in an order from my work, a couple hours early, to be picked up at 5:00 p.m., and I received an email confirmation. I arrived at about 5:02 and paid for the small pizza and sub with a Groupon ($12 Groupon, paid $6 for it). The cashier confirmed my order and took my Groupon, After he, then another person, tried to figure out how to make it go through, a third person (manager?) got it to go through as another person showed up to "see how they did it." Fine, that happens ... by now it's about 5:10 and I'm ready for my order. They said it'd be just a bit, and I expected it in a minute or two. After several minutes went by, it was obvious that not only was the order not done at 5:00, but they didn't start it until after I arrived AND after the cashier experience. It was nearly 5:20 and I asked about my order and was told it was about ready. By exactly 5:20 I told the cashier I had to run. He said he thought it was just about to come out of the oven. But I left without any food and out $6 and my time. The next day I emailed my situation to Donatos corporate on their customer service site. That was a few weeks ago and I heard nothing back, not even an acknowledgement of my email or my $6 back. I attended a function last year at which Donatos CEO Jane Grote Abell spoke. I'm sure if she knew about such an experience she would make it right.