“Wild life galore”

Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Kent
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Kent has some beautiful areas, and the bog is one of them. A lovely walkway wraps around the bog, allowing visitors to appreciate the varied plants and creatures living in this area. In fact, I did not realize that my young daughter had a deadly fear of snakes until we saw at least 15 on our short hike, which became a run (child on my shoulder) as she cried in terror. The snakes were totally harmless, and I enjoyed the experience up until the crying. Be aware that dogs are not allowed.

1  Thank Kathleen W

Reviewed 28 October 2017

I have lived in Kent for about 10 years and this is one of my favorite spots to frequent.
It is in the shape of a circle and is 0.8km/0.5 miles if you walk the full lap.
Parking is paved, and the trail is well maintained.
No pets.
There are plenty of informative signs and lots of woodland critters scurrying about. Chipmunks all over, snakes and dragonflies can be seen basking on the boardwalk during warmer parts of the seasons. There are plenty of benches to rest, or have a quiet conversation.
I would suggest a hat and bug spray on summer days, as the sun and flies can get irritating pretty quick.
If you love nature, or peaceful walks, check this place out.

P.S. there are 12 PokeStops and a Gym here! All in 1/2 mile walk!

1  Thank Adam Y
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Average quick trail with nice boardwalk. It needs a little tlc and seems like it hasn't been maintained in a few years. Not what I remembered from when I went years ago- everything's grown over, and a few spots on the trail need addressed. If you play Pokémon go it's a great stop because there are pokestops at each marker. I believe there's 8? Stops for 1/2 mile. Not sure on the number but it's substantial.

Reviewed 5 December 2015

This nature preserve is a delight - and I've visited it in a variety of seasons. It contains flora that is unique in this environment and provides a glimpse into a long-ago past. The walk is easy for anyone reasonably fit and guided by boardwalks. We found the captioning to be informative, then again, we're not very sophisticated about botany. This really is in a somewhat isolated location, and doesn't attract throngs of visitors. We liked for that reason -- and there was adequate parking.

2  Thank PCmonkey
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Really nice walk. Wooden trail, great wildlife Really peaceful and wonderful. Neat geography to the area, it's a glacial bog with trees that can't be seen anywhere in the area (upper canada).

3  Thank jackknive