All reviews cedar point hot tub hardwood floors save money indoor pool definitely stay here again fridge and microwave reasonable rates beds were comfortable sandusky midnight carpeting
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

After reading a couple of bad reviews, I still booked a room here because of the rate I got. When we first got there, we were greeted by two nice women at the front desk and got our keys to our room.

When we arrived to our room, we noticed it wasn’t the right room. We went back down and explain to them we had the wrong room and showed them what we had ordered on line. With in seconds they had our room corrected and no questions asked.

Now our second room was fantastic. 2 queen beds, refrigerator, microwave, sink and hardwood floors. This was perfect for staying the 3 nights we were here. Less time and money having to go out to eat every night.

The pool and hot tub were nice to have as well and was super clean all around it.

The only negative I can give this place is the dang railroad tracks that are less than 1000 feet from. Don’t mind a train or two but trains on the hour every hour got annoying quickly.

Over all, the staff was great, the place was clean and no bugs. If I’m back in the area again I will stay there for sure.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

I am so happy to hear that we were able to correct the issue that you had and that you enjoyed the room, and also our pool. We cant wait to see you again staying with us at the Huron Ohio Motel 6.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We used this hotel for a recent trip to cedar point. The price is right and the hotel and rooms were clean. Can't ask for much more for 70 dollars or less. I would recommend this to anyone staying in the area looking for a cheap rate before going to the park

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Thank you so much for the kind review. I do hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I booked the hotel at 10am and arrived 11 hours later after a very long trip to cedar point. To find out, they did not have one single room available. It seemed that they overbooked , because the couple
In front of me also seemed to have the same problem- but they were still able to find them some kind of room. The charge was “pending” on my credit card- to verify that I did call and made the reservation. I insisted they needed to find me a place to stay. I obviously had no idea of location of anything. I was given another location to stay since everything In the area was booked. 8 miles away. . So at 130 am, yes 130am , with my 3 kids - I was able to check in to a hotel. Another motel 6. And seriously for the $100 room, (with discount) , I would have never had stayed there. Nor will I, ever again , in a motel 6.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank candreas41
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Candreas, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for a quiet, clean and comfortable room, look elsewhere! The floor in the rooms were disgusting. The sheets were dirty and the maid staff were extremely rude. The rooms are over priced at best. There was garbage in the drawers from previous guests. The beds we're so uncomfortable that the parking lot pavement almost looked like a viable option. I do not planning on staying EVER AGAIN.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

I am so very sorry about all of the issues that you had during your stay here. I do hope that you would give us another chance and stay again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at their Motel 6 before and we were not disappointed. Great proximity to Cedar Point and clean. We had an issue with an odor in our room and were immediately switched to a different one when we requested it. Staff is courteous and friendly. We will be staying there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Laura B, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind response. We cant wait to have you stay again with us.