Lowest prices for your stay
USD 231
Booking.comUSD 230
eDreamsUSD 230
FindHotelUSD 231
2,189 results
All reviews joseph's restaurant shadowfax winery heritage room rose garden superior room indulgence package course dinner pillow menu steam room relaxing weekend snooker room werribee park spa treatments open range zoo high tea beautiful grounds indoor pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hotel. Our Heritage room was modern and comfortable and we enjoyed the complimentary bottle of Pinot Noir. We ate an enjoyable evening meal from a 4 course degustation menu in Joseph’s Restaurant on site. A 6 course was also available. We arrived in the early afternoon and walked around the beautiful gardens and had a coffee at the cafe overlooking the green house garden. We walked to the Open Range Zoo , enjoyed a massage at the Spa at the Mansion , swam in the heated indoor pool and had a very relaxing stay. We would highly recommend a two night stay if you are looking for a quiet and re- energising getaway!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2019

We stayed at the Mansion Hotel for our Wedding Anniversary and they were amazingly attentive. The history of the building adds to its charm and the staff are always ready to tell you more about the beginnings of the stately residence. Food was top class.

1  Thank Lorraine B
Reviewed 2 July 2019

Our stay at Werribee mansion was ok, it was a nice location for a short stay with our daughter. With the zoo close by, historic mansion and heated pool there wasn’t a lack of things to keep us entertained! To be honest the biggest disappointment was the room we were given, we stayed on a Sunday so the hotel was no where near maximum capacity however we were given a room that faced a utility shed with no view and a light that remained on all night and that shone through our blinds into the room (front desk had said this room type was a complimentary upgrade) definitely not what I had imagined- the biggest reason we choose to stay at the mansion was because of how beautiful the grounds are, If I had of knew that we would have been given this room I would have driven home after our day at the zoo and visiting the historic mansion. It really did let down our experience onsite.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Familytraveler143
Reviewed 26 June 2019

At the outset I will say that the Hotel and restaurant staff were unfailingly helpful, courteous and friendly.. None of this review is intended to reflect badly on them. It was apparent that they were working very hard to maintain the Hotel's 5-star rating under difficult conditions.

Our two-night birthday celebration was very disappointing. Sure.. it was a Luxury 'package deal' but we did still expect a level of quality along with value for money.

The litany of disappointments began as we drove into the Werribee Park precinct. The approach road to the Hotel is unsealed, and full of deep pot-holes and corrugations. It gave us quite a bumpy ride. The car park is not under cover and the soft unsealed path to the front door plays havoc with the suitcase castors. The road and path lighting at night is not adequate.

The Reception staff at check-in acknowledged with a shrug that the road was in poor condition . I suspect that they have to apologise for that several times a day.

Although we were advised at booking that we could check in from midday the room wasn't ready when arrived at 1:15pm. The concierge arranged a free drink at the bar while we waited 45 minutes for the concierge to tell us the room was ready. It's hard to accept that a room wasn't ready in time when it was clear that there were very few quests staying. Perhaps there were just too few staff on duty.

The Package included a $50 credit towards dinner in 'Joseph's', the Hotel's fine dining restaurant. When we asked to book a table for that evening we were told that the only dining option was a 4 or 6 course Degustation @ $105 or $155 person. The Werribee venue has no other evening dining options. We took the 4 course option each with one additional $55 matched wine option. That's a meal of 4 admittedly well-prepared and imaginative but very, very small courses; hardly a meal at all.

The Heritage room was as expected on first glance but the piece of used toilet paper left in the bathroom was unexpected, especially since we were given to understand that the room had only recently been prepared for us. Rather than complain we just disposed of the paper and set about settling in.

There were a number of design features that defy explanation:
1. The ensuite bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a huge, heavy, frosted glass, sliding double door. The handle inside the bathroom was very small and hard to use. The light switch was on the outside - well out of reach of someone in the bathroom. The towel rail was mounted above the toilet so that the towels hung over one's head when using the toilet. The hanging hook for a bathrobe was too high to reach. The shower was at the other end of the bathroom out of reach of the towel rail.
2. The wardrobe had sufficient hanging space but the side shelving section was full of the minibar items, kettle, glasses, cup etc. with no room for clothing, socks / underwear. We had to leave those in the suitcase on the side rack.
3. There were a few power outlets for personal appliances, laptop or phone chargers but they were located under the side bench; quite difficult to reach.

On the whole the room and the entire hotel had a air of decline. The chair in the room was rickety and worn with sagging leatherette upholstery. The shade on the desk lamp was detached and loose - not something that could have occurred by accident. The edges of the skirting boards and door architraves were dusty, the corridor and dining room carpets were worn and stretched.

The elevator up / down, open / close control buttons were worn and unreliable, and one of the control panel covers (which had been attached by double-sided tape) fell onto the floor when we tried to used it. That was replaced after a few hours but the lift itself broke down the next morning as we were about the check out. I'm just pleased that we weren't in the lift at the time.

The buffet breakfast offered a good selection of cereals, juice, toast, pastries and cold meats but the 'hot' foods in the warming plates; scrambled eggs. bacon, tomatoes etc were only lukewarm. Also I was puzzled by the little 'milk' bottles of berry-favoured yoghurt. It was too thick to pour or drink from the bottle but the spoons supplied were too big to fit into the mouth of the bottle. I would love someone to 'please explain' that to me.

For the sake of the hard-working staff I hope that the Hotel can overcome whatever economic circumstances have caused this decline in the Grand Mansion experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank margotc794
MansionHotelandSpa, General Manager at Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2019

Dear Margotc794

Thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive feedback.

Firstly let me please apologise for the experience you have encountered during your time at the Mansion. It is disappointing to read your time with us has not lived up to the expectations one should expect and we as a team certainly aim to deliver at the hotel.

Being a unique property born from an historic background there are design elements that present a different look and feel to those commonly seen in order hotels. I'm sorry however these differences have detracted in some way from your experience.

I was pleased to read you dined with us in Josephs, but obviously disappointed you felt the meal sizes did not suit your requirements on the night. As i'm sure you are aware the menu is a degustation style and therefore individual portions will present smaller than a classic a la carte main.

I believe the bottled drink you have referenced are our freshly made smoothies of the day, I can understand the spoon not being appropriate as a straw should have been provided. This is an obvious error on our behalf which I apologise was not in place that morning.

Maintenance is a key aspect to every hotel and an area that is always a focus at the property, unfortunately in this instance it is apparent there are aspects of your room that will require the scheduled maintenance to be brought forward.

margotc794 once again I thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive feedback, while it can be considered a cliche all feedback is valuable but none more so than constructive feedback such as yours.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel, if you would like to speak with me further I would welcome the opportunity. To do so please email me directly at tnewton@mansionhotel.com.au.

Kind Regards

Troy Newton

Reviewed 12 June 2019

Upon arrival the receptionist greeted us in a warm and friendly manner, which was a lovely way to start my partner and I's birthday weekend.

After completing check in we were not shown to our rooms, we had to find our way there ourselves, and upon arrival to our 'heritage' room, there surely was not anything heritage about it. The room might as well have been a broom closet, the closeness the bathroom was to the bed was laughable, the prison-esque style sink was a bleak and an unwelcoming feature. The furniture itself was appalling, the chair in the room was worn to all buggery, the bed was incredibly uncomfortable. Being winter, you think that you would allow your guests access to heating facilities, well we could not even control ours, so it was absolutely freezing. The blinds in the room were of the lowest standard, I've seen blinds in better condition at a Morwell motor-inn. The snooker room and the library were dirty and riddled with dust. The beautiful outdoor area between the mansion and the grotto was trashed with glasses, beer, and wine bottles, which remained there overnight till we checked out at 11am, you would expect more for the grounds to be kept since this hotel is rated a laughable five stars.

The night of our arrival we had booked a three course meal at 7pm at Josephs, but when we arrived we were told there wasn't a three course option, only four or six, and one of the said courses was bread... bread. A normal restaurant would offer bread as a complimentary starter. The meals were mediocre, they arrived cold and for the price the portions were suited to a sparrow. The wine was the only high, although it was a pretty penny. After our uncomfortable sleep, or lack of sleep, I woke before breakfast for a morning walk around the grounds, and as I passed reception the two women sat there talking to each other, too busy to acknowledge their guests even for a split second out of their very important conversation. This made me feel extremely unwelcome and almost not worthy of interrupting their chat. I walked the same way returning and they still were chatting and did not acknowledge me.

Breakfast was beyond poor. For a five star hotel, a nespresso pod machine? Cold breakfast? What an absolute joke. I frequent accommodation overseas where it is five stars, where your room is of an exceptional standard, your room is spotless, the staff do anything and everything to make your stay warm and luxurious, the food is of the highest quality, and I think the most important thing they do, they give you your money's worth, which is what you as a hotel failed to do for us and a few other guests we spoke to who were also staying there.

On a positive, the mansion itself is stunning and the ShadowFax Winery was fantastic with a great vibe and great food.

It is such a pity to write such a horrible review, because the venue and location itself has the potential to be a five stars. It's five-star pricing for a three star stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank mmendez67
MansionHotelandSpa, General Manager at Lancemore Mansion Hotel Werribee Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2019

Dear mmendez67

Thank you for your feedback.

It may sound like a cliche, however it is certainly true all feedback is appreciated and helps ensure we create memorable guest experiences.

Obviously and disappointingly we have failed to deliver on the expectations you rightly had for your stay at the hotel and I would like to apologise for failing to deliver on this occasion.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your experience, if you have availability please contact me directly at tnewton@mansionhotel.com.au.

Kind Regards