All reviews table cape the main house the river tulip room continental breakfast north west tasmania light house a lovely place to stay pleasure of staying tulip farm town centre b and b one night room was clean easy access minute walk on arrival
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We wanted to go somewhere other than the norm so we picked Wynyard not knowing anything about the place. We were not disappointed.
We stayed at Alexandria B & B and opted for the pool view room. This is one of 2 large rooms in a separate annex to the house but literally just off the house so you feel part of the main house.
It was a duel aspect room with beds for up to 3 people.
The building/house is historic for the area and boasts the first inground residential swimming pool in Tasmania.
This is a lovely place to stay. Very quiet and very comfy. Breakfast was huge and brought to your room at a time to suit you. You can pick and choose continental style. It was all very good.
You are very close to the Table Cape Light House. This is a 2 minute drive up the same road. Worth a visit just for the walk along the cliff top too and from the light house (or the other way around if you park at the light house).
If you are wanting to stay in the heart of Wynyard then dont stay here. It is a good 25 minute walk (a pleasant walk along the river bank) to town. There you will find pubs, restaurants and shops (plus great charity shops).
All in all I am very glad I chose this place as we nearly booked to stay in Devonport and after driving through there I was sooooooooooooo glad we didnt go there!

Room tip: All rooms looked in good locations. The one we had has the only pool view.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank midgybabe
Reviewed 13 April 2018

On arrival at Alexandria B and B we were greeted by the lovely Rachel who showed us our room and advised us of the local attractions. The room was very clean, warm and the decor was most impressive. The beds were comfortable and free NBN internet was available. The continental breakfast was one of the best I have had. Cereals were in bowls, not the packet type. Fresh milk in a jug and fresh bread for toast. I thoroughly recommend this property for any visit for north-west Tasmania.

Room tip: Quiet room in pleasant garden setting
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here one night during a long driving trip around the state. The hosts were most welcoming, the room was clean, comfortable, with easy access to places of interest and eating spots. And who can fault room service breakfast delivered to your door?

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

My stay at the Alexandria B&B was wonderful. Rachel is a lovely host and gave me a lovely welcome when I arrived. My room was clean, comfortable and very well appointed. I can thoroughly recommend the Alexandria B&B for your next stay on the North West Coast of Tasmania.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Alexandria BnB was a recommendation by a nearby Tourist Info Centre and was a very pleasant surprise. The room was more like a self contained unit - lots is space to spread out. The room was a new addition and a wonderful one in keeping with the heritage of the main house. Rachel and Andrew were the perfect hosts providing great local knowledge and advice on what to see.
The view from the room was just as relaxing as the stay !

Date of stay: November 2017