“A beach-side gem!”

Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Ulverstone
Price range: AU$4 - AU$23
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Beach Hut Coffee is a relaxed beachside Cafe at Ulverstone on Tasmania's North West Coast. Right next door to Ulverstone Waterslide, the Dinosaur Park, Football Ground and located at the entrance for the Dog Beach. It is also located on the Turner Beach to Ulverstone pathway. We offer a dog friendly yard, an outdoor seating area and is suitable for children.
Reviewed 1 October 2023 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way past & wasn’t expecting much more than some packaged sandwiches and hot chips. Delighted to be proved wrong when we were welcomed through to a thriving cafe restaurant. Meals were brought to the table quickly and were excellent value for money. I’m definitely leaving full!

I had the chicken burger and my guest had the gummy shark. Both cooked to perfection!

Date of visit: October 2023

Reviewed 7 August 2023 via mobile

Third visit - menu is modern and tasty. Staff were delightful- friendly and courteous. Average cafe prices in these times, the pulled pork soft tacos - yum as was the hamburger made with meat from the renowned local butcher. Walk it off on the beach or coastal walk.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 28 March 2023 via mobile

What a great find touring through on a cold wet day. Eggs Benny with bacon, teriyaki bowl with chicken - best I’ve tasted. Kids dinosaur nuggets were cooked well.

Coffee was nice too.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 24 February 2023

Went there for lunch, hubbie had Beef and Bacon burger and I had the Southern Chicken burger. Both tasty and very filling, couldn't eat my chips it was so big! Would recommend to make a reservation for a table as its a popular café. Ice-creams looked good too. I also had the Salted Caramel Thick shake, really lovely

Date of visit: February 2023
Reviewed 23 January 2023

This place is in a great location and has a nice feel. I've eaten here just the once in the past and then again recently. Haven't had coffee here so can't comment on that.
The food I've ordered has been quite good and really my review should realistically sit between average and very good as it isn't really either.
The service is a little hit and miss. The entire process of entering and waiting to catch the attention of someone to allow entry to our reserved table was a bit annoying and the process of payment at the end was almost dismal really. The young male was unfortunately somewhat incompetent and seemed distracted by who knows what. I think the service area is something to be looked at and I'd hope they do so, as the place has plenty of potential. Can't fault the food that our table of four had.

Date of visit: January 2023