1,079 results
All reviews hilltop room buffet dinner hilltop executive split level gordon river cruise harbour view executive room hill top waterfront cottages two nights great room mini bar hamers hotel macquarie harbour spa bath wilderness railway balcony
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We were in the old motel up on the hill, our room faced the car park. The rooms were extremely stuffy, with dated decor and shabby bathrooms. The bed linen underneath the horrendous multi-shade brown bedspreads was actually good, not sure why the bed spreads were there? Shower was hot with excellent pressure.

Wifi was glacial pace on the odd occasion we could connect.

Fridge was extremely noisy, we complained after being kept awake on 1st night and it seems better tonight...will see in the middle of the night.

There is clearly a problem with the sewerage in the property with sewage smells in the hallway and bathrooms - combined with poor room ventilation this is pretty unpleasant.

Breakfast buffet was virtually inedible.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanessa B
Brad C, General Manager at Strahan Village, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Hi Vanessa B

Thank you for your review. We recently purchased new linen and toweling for all our rooms and with the combination of the new pillows and doonas, we have some of the most comfortable beds around. With the implementation of new bed bases at the end of this month, we will be removing the dated bed spreads.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

Paying $200 a night and not even a toaster in the room no views not what i thought i was getting. Payed $150 a night and in the middle of no where and couldn't rate high enough. Maybe i expect to much.

Hi Geb64

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Strahan Village offers a variety of accommodation to suits varying needs of comfort and budget. Our apartments have catering equipment however the hotel rooms do not. We feel this is in line with most hotels within Australia.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

I have left 3 phone messages, sent an email and am still waiting for someone to respond. I am starting to get upset as my request is a very simple one, it now seems that your establishment do not have any respect or manners as far as responding to customers. I now wish the general manager to please respond as I have had no response from the food and beverages manager which I find extremely rude. Thank you. Rosie

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Hi Rosanne R

I have sent you two private message to please get in contact with me so that I can address your comments as I would like this resolved.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here after a 35 year absence .. disappointed.
Parking meters everywhere ..business like attitude .. everything seems like a grab for money.
Our room had spectacular views but seemed old and run down and expensive .. centerpiece was a small crt television! ..haven't seen one of these in a hotel room in years.
Shame ..it's a beautiful spot spoilt by greed.

Hi MerlinsEgo

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Strahan Village offers free parking to all our guests in two convenient locations. I can only comment that the meters would be in the main street operated by the Council. I am glad that you were able to experience the amazing view from our hilltop rooms and View 42 restaurant.

We have replaced the TV’s in all of our 4 star rooms and will continue to update the hotel in the coming months for a more modern feel. I do hope that on your return, we will be able to provide you with a different experience.

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

I came to Strahan about 12 years ago and really enjoyed my time there. However this visit is completely different. All the businesses in the town seem to think tourists should be grateful to visit their businesses. They simply don't care. They are not welcoming. The accommodation is all run down with a no care attitude. The food is ordinary and overpriced, the service is poor and don't expect to find anyone who can make a drinkable cup of coffee, it simply doesn't exist in the town. When times get tough these businesses will be the first to complain that they don't have enough patronage but people don't forget bad service, over charging and a no care attitude. I certainly couldn't recommend anyone staying in Strahan. It is such a pity because Strahan is a beautiful place on the west coast of Tasmania in one of the world's true wilderness areas.

Hi BrettBega_Australia

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I would appreciate a call on 03 6471 4200 regarding your stay at Strahan Village. It seems your review is based on a town and not Strahan Village.