“Fresh seafood, lovely setting, great service”

Stanley Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Stanley
Price range: USD 16 - USD 37
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At the Stanley Hotel you’ll find a cold beer, a warm welcome and great food.Our bistro offers quality Tasmanian produce featuring great steak and seafood. Produce is sourced from the local region. In season try the fresh Lobster (crayfish), scallops, crisp battered fish ‘n’ chips, great local oysters, juicy tender grass fed beef and natural chicken.Join us for lunch or dinner which is served every day in our bistro or on our sunny deck.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The locals have no idea how amazing their fresh produce is. The seafood was as fresh as I've ever had. The staff understood dietary needs perfectly and all staff were excellent. Great restaurant.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Good pub food with choices for everyone, great service from unobtrusive staff. Very busy so book ahead.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal. Hubby had a Thai Beef Pie and I had the Squid salad. Both meals were very nice. The downside was the special of the day was ‘half lobster with salad (don’t quote me on the title) for $50 as the chefs special. In hindsight after seeing these meals come out, I could have kicked myself for not ordering the lobster. A few days into our trip, I am beginning to see a great opportunity lost. If this appears on the chefs specials in future - just order it, you will not get better value anywhere else in Tassie xx

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had read that this was one of the more popular places to eat in Stanley so we booked for 6pm. We were glad that we had because the place was full by 6.30. Service was prompt.

There was a good range on the menu and prices were fair. We both ordered the Cape Grim steaks which were wonderful. We had desserts too, which were equally good. A good selection of wines & OK prices.

Very happy with this place & would recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had the Thai Beed salad which was filling and delicious. I hoovered through the meal wanting more all the way to the end. The meal was perfect but if I could have my devious way with it I would add some chopped chili and roasted cashews to give it a bit more punch. I then tried the Sticky Date Pudding which was well presented and ensured that I left very happy.