“Very nice food and fair prices”

Stanley Hotel Bistro
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Stanley
Price range: USD 16 - USD 37
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At the Stanley Hotel you’ll find a cold beer, a warm welcome and great food.Our bistro offers quality Tasmanian produce featuring great steak and seafood. Produce is sourced from the local region. In season try the fresh Lobster (crayfish), scallops, crisp battered fish ‘n’ chips, great local oysters, juicy tender grass fed beef and natural chicken.Join us for lunch or dinner which is served every day in our bistro or on our sunny deck.
Reviewed 28 March 2018

We had read that this was one of the more popular places to eat in Stanley so we booked for 6pm. We were glad that we had because the place was full by 6.30. Service was prompt.

There was a good range on the menu and prices were fair. We both ordered the Cape Grim steaks which were wonderful. We had desserts too, which were equally good. A good selection of wines & OK prices.

Very happy with this place & would recommend.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I had the Thai Beed salad which was filling and delicious. I hoovered through the meal wanting more all the way to the end. The meal was perfect but if I could have my devious way with it I would add some chopped chili and roasted cashews to give it a bit more punch. I then tried the Sticky Date Pudding which was well presented and ensured that I left very happy.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 6 adults on a family get together. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. I had the Malaysian Curry that was quite spicy and very nice. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Had a lovely meal in this Hotel. Beware and book because this place is popular. We ate here on a Friday night and there wasn't a spare table. I had fish of the day special and the plate went back empty. My friend ordered the seafood chowder and loved it commenting on the amount of seafood in the chowder was plentiful. It's a little tricky to find your way down to the bistro from street level. I would caution people with walkers or sticks to park at the back and acces the bistro from that angle as stairs are a little steep going down from the front. I would definitely have another meal here if I was in Stanley again.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

What a pleasant surprise at this Bistro. A large group were seated and in remarkable time the meals were served piping hot and all were delicious and beautifully presented. The staff are happy lovely people. No wonder it’s such a well patronised bistro. The pricing was good and the quality of the meals superb. Can recommend the cob loaf as it was the best I’ve ever had. Would visit again without hesitation.

1  Thank lotsoftootles