Lowest prices for your stay
AU$150
Priceline
AU$150
Go to your Happy Price
ZenHotels.com
AU$156
All reviews tim tasmania art furniture benny delight
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2022 via mobile

The absolute worst place to stay in Tasmania with the most rudest owner I have meet. Very poor room servicing and cleaning stained doors and dirty toilet. When I made a complaint I was sworn at and told to f@@@k off walls are paper thin and can here everyone else right through the night. $105 a night stayed 3 nights and was told we don’t make beds or wash ya cups or clean ya room. Why have a sign to hang on door saying please service my room!!! Well I will not recommend you as a manager or your motel to anyone. And as I read I’m not the only one hopefully I will be the last.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2022

Tim & Benny are terrific hosts at this magical motel. Their eclectic collections are displayed to great enjoyment right throughout the site. From the moment you arrive your stay is an wonderful experience. It is not just the physical setting, clean, comfortable rooms and beautiful garden, it is Tim and Benny themselves. Nothing is too much trouble. They are charming while being professional and efficient. If possible have dinner at the Junction, Tim is a renowned chef and you will delight in his skills. My being vegetarian was not seen as a problem at all, and the dish made especially for me was fresh, healthy and delicious. My 15 companions were all impressed by the meal, ambiance and service. If possible take time to chat to Tim and Benny - they are exemplary.

My only complaint? My stay was too short!

Date of stay: February 2022
Reviewed 31 March 2021

What a fun place to stay. Its like staying at an amazing art deco shop. Everything including the chairs outside the rooms and the rooms themselves are a mish mash of different styles that make this motel anything but boring. The staff are super friendly and obviously enjoy running this motel. (We even got a chocolate on our towel) The bar area is super cool you can spend ages looking at the different artifacts obviously collected over a long time. Its also a great place to relax and have a drink or snack after travelling. The most interesting place we stayed during our travels around Tasmania. Loved it!

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 25 March 2021

Had not stayed here before. Over phone booking friendly (Timothy). On arriving room was ready and parking easy. Room was really good and well considered for comfort and ambience, far better than I expected for $110 night rate (at very short notice). Aircon & heating fine. Very clean bedding & towels etc. Real milk in a bottle in fridge. Great location & only 3 blocks to main town centre & food places. Several other people staying same night & after people settled in it was surprisingly quiet. Plenty of interesting artefacts around the place making it far from the usual bland motel set up. I was happy on arriving and happy on leaving.

Room tip: Refer info above.
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 15 July 2020

Where do I start?! The atmosphere, hospitality and interior decoration were absolutely fantastic!

Tim obviously has a keen eye for design & is happy to tell you the many stories behind the knick-knack's that give the motel it's unique character. My colleague and I felt right at home in Tim's company!

The room was very spacious with all the essential facilities. A very relaxing space to put your feet up after a long day exploring the charming town of New Norfolk or hiking nearby in the nature reserves.

I hope to be back very soon!

Date of stay: July 2020