“Beautiful ”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Lilydale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely, tranquil spot with 2 waterfalls on show with only a short walk required to get there. I think it would be magnificent after some decent rain.

All reviews
"well worth the visit"
"all ages"
"free camping"

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Pair of gorgeous little waterfalls that are a nice easy stroll from the car park with ample space. No long steep hills or slippery slopes so good for all ages and abilities.

Free parking and free overnight camping available.

Make sure to visit the alpacas across the road. Very inquisitive and friendly. Love a selfie!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We parked up and started our walk. Tree ferns and very old trees are along the path. The first waterfall is lovely and then just a few more minutes along the trail and you come to the second waterfall, all in all this attraction is spectacular.

1  Thank minx59
Reviewed 7 March 2018

The falls were small when we visited due to lack of recent rainfall. They're about 5-10 mins walk from the carpark which is just beside the road. It's also an overnight camping spot. And it's all free.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018

The beauty of this area, once we started on the trail and went under the bridge actually took my breath away. We were transported from a casual camp area to a wilderness wonderland. It doesn't matter how many ferns and mossy rocks and trees I see the calmness that envelopes me never ceases to amaze me. The beginning of the trail is quite easy and we stopped quite a few times to just stare into the water that was ever so gently flowing beside the track. Things get a bit rougher so that I wouldn't be comfortable with small children or anyone with hip or knee issues. You can go down a well built staircase to stand at the base of the first waterfall or walk on up a not horrendous natural path up to the next waterfall. I do have hip problems and I won't lie, I did find it hard, but it was ever so pretty. As Tasmania has been going through a dry patch neither falls had huge amounts of water but it really was worth a visit.