Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Great tour and excellent lunch

Reviewed 6 March 2021
MaybeinOz
Melbourne, Australia
via mobile
Unique and delicious!

Reviewed 21 January 2021
269sandrad

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

We went on the recommendation of a friend and really enjoyed both the tour and lunch. The relaxed casual chat about cows and farm life was fun and interesting. Lunch was amazing, the brisket was so good. This was a great introduction to the island for our friends who hadn’t been here before.

Date of experience: March 2021
Reviewed 21 January 2021

We were lucky enough to visit as part of a Coral Expeditions cruise around Tasmania. The lovely Ana prepared her delicious beef , Portuguese style octopus and a delicious soup for us and she talked about their farm and showed us the very hungry cattle who can’t get enough of the delicious grass! Something a bit different and great things yet to come I’m sure.

Date of experience: January 2021
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Ana fitted us in on a Friday when it was rainy. The following day she was hosting 70 people from a cruise ship. She showed us some of the farms she and her husband own and work, and explained her farming methods. Her cattle look very well looked after. We didn't sample Ana's cooking as she had the booking the next day. Ana was very friendly and informative and my husband and I were very glad to have had this experience.

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank Jill D
Meatyourbeef, Owner at King Island Farm Tours - Meat Your Beef, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2020

Thank you Jill! I really enjoyed your company, it actually made my day.
Hope you had a great time on our little island

Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

I did the tour with my grandmother and it was the highlight of our trip. Ana made us feel at home immediately while the tour itself was extremely insightful on what farm life was like, both with challenges and the rewards. Had fun driving across the paddocks and have a greater appreciation of lifestyle from a layman’s perspective. Lunch was delicious and amazing that some with so many interests can still find the time to churn out a fantastic meal. An inspiring woman, family and farm. A must for any visitor to the island who wants to understand the main business of the island.

Date of experience: October 2019
536anap, Owner at King Island Farm Tours - Meat Your Beef, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Thanks Tegan! I really enjoyed spending the day with you two. Your grandma is a big women and so are you. So beautiful to see your connection!
Good luck with life and send a big hug to your nan😘

Reviewed 9 September 2019

I was on a bus tour of King Island with mature friends. This tour is exceptional due to the owner Ana's excellent friendly, informative and calm presentation. (Tom was away). Anna succinctly told us all the methods they use on their farm resulting in calm beef cows and subsequent great beef. We went out in the fields where Ana moved cattle from yard to yard and fed hay to the cow mothers, all the while talking about the back to basics methods they use to run the property.

They are advocates for using cuts of meat that are less popular and Ana gave us a most beautiful cooked (chuck) beef meal. She was more than generous in answering our questions with a smile and we were sent on our way smiling and full of info that city people don't necessarily know about running beef cattle. (like me)

Date of experience: August 2019
536anap, Owner at King Island Farm Tours - Meat Your Beef, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2019

Thanks Jennifer,

I had another group like yours today and I was telling Matthew (the KI tour guide) how much I enjoyed doing the tour to your group!
It was a pleasure having you here and thank you so much for your lovely comment. It means a lot