“Almost unrecognisable as "Chinese"”
Review of China Cafe

China Cafe
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Huonville
Reviewed 23 August 2016

If the food was bland it would be an improvement. It is fair to say that the flavours were terrible across each dish we bought.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I haven't been here for years. My one visit was dismal. As a vegan, I'd hoped they could "veganise" some vegetarian option dishes, but the food I was served seemed to have been deprived of anything that tasted, in spite of saying I like spicy food. It was basic gluttonous starch, and only by adding soy sauce did it have more than basic taste. we only had one option for a meal, it was terrible, and the staff didn't seem to care.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

I don't ever recall Chinese costing so much money! The food was OK, the 2 chicken mains we ordered were really light on the vegies. Spring rolls were good. I'm pretty sure they use MSG. Overall it was OK but the cost would prohibit me going back there again in a hurry. 5 spring rolls / tiny fried rice / 2 chicken mains = $55

Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Typically Aussie style Chinese. Food is full of additives and meat is fatty. All battered dishes taste pretty much the same. No competition nearby so place is always busy.

1  Thank Emmyandco
Reviewed 1 February 2016

My husband and I bought food from there yesterday. $52 for 1 x noodles, 1 x satay vegetables, 1 x special fried rice 1 x Beef Blackbean. The vegetarian dish had 2 green beans, 4 strips of red capsicum, 2 mushroom halves, 2 pieces of broccoli, 2 pieces of cauliflower about 6 pieces of zucchini in a very runny sauce. The Beef Blackbean was lacking in flavour, the rice was undercooked and the noodles were tasteless. Although the food was hot, that was possibly the only positive feature. Absolutely offensive price for value, possibly the most tasteless Chinese we have ever eaten.

1  Thank Moon H