“Nice home style breakfast”

DS Coffee House & Internet Lounge
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Huonville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Good home cooked food & interesting & intriguing surroundings to keep you busy while your food is cooking. We all enjoyed an all day breakfast.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This little gem us situated in the heart of Huonvile and is very popular with locals and tourists. There is the usual fare on offer together with Vegan options. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing coffee here and a big quirky cafe. Definitely recommend the visit here. Book exchange available. So much old funky decor and a very cool vibe

Reviewed 4 March 2018

SINCE MY LAST REVIEW: It's over 18 months since I wrote my last review. Still an excellent and quality cafe / restaurant. As you can probably tell by now we love this cafe. Always changing the menus but keeping old favourites. The vegan options have increased since. The vegan treat options have increased as well and they're yummy.

OWNERS:
It's apparent that the owners Steve and Dave put their heart and soul into this restaurant. They are always cheerful. It's a joy to see how they relate to their customers. They know many of their customer's names and it's genuine interest. They and the regular staff often memorise what their regulars like. They are very friendly and they have a great sense of humour. Dave and Steve we hear are very generous with their staff and generous with the community in general. I don't mind giving my custom to people like this. Just all around good people.

VEGAN FRIENDLY: We always feel welcome when we go there. We're vegan and they have always tried to do their best to have or make as many vegan options as they can. They make a lot of their own food. It tastes like it is made with love and their vegan options are yummy and they try to provide more options as they go along. The coffee is great. It's reasonably priced. The only thing that would make this place perfect is if it became totally vegan :) One can only hope.

Very LGBTQI Friendly. If the world functioned like this cafe, it would be a different world. They have community group meetings there and if I recall correctly sometimes provide free food for the people attending the meetings. They love community and like to engage with it.

THE STAFF
The staff are lovely and interesting people. They work their butts off. As I mentioned, Dave and Steve support good causes and are generous people. There is nothing flashy or fake about the DS cafe itself or the people that work there. They're just good, hard-working, friendly, capable people who obviously like working there. :)

THE SPACE
It's a spacious establishment with an old fire stove. Plenty of little nooks and crannies to sit. It's light and airy but cosy. The cafe is obviously decorated with love. The decor is '50s with old laminated tables, all kinds of interesting, odd and kitsch pictures, dolls, ornaments etc. It's quirky which I love. It has internet access. A big bathroom. It's busy all the time because it has a great atmosphere. Another thing I love about it is all age groups eat there.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
As I said in my mid 2016 review, I'm not easily impressed but I must say it is by far, the best cafe in the Huon Valley and I would go so far as to say in Hobart as well. I would go as far to say without exaggeration, it's the nicest and most interesting cafe I've ever been to. So great to find a place like this that is not far from us. If anything happened to it, it would be a great loss to the community.

2  Thank Live V
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Had a great coffee and cake stop here. Staff were very friendly. Learnt a lot about how they celebrated the gay vote! The cafe itself had lots of memorabilia. A must stop!!