“Great service”

Book In Advance
More Info
USD 85.39*
and up
Quad Bike 2-Hour Adventure: Freycinet National...
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Coles Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Get on board a 4 wheel motorbike or one of our Polaris Rangers and wind your way through eucalypt covered hills and boulder strewn valleys, to where pink granite, blue seas and fine white sands collide at South Friendly Beaches. Or head to the dramatic sea cliffs of Cape Tourville for panoramic views of the Freycinet Peninsula and a glimpse of Wineglass Bay. Half Day and 2 Hour tours depart up to three times daily.
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

It was an extraordinary experience. We went to friendly beach. Our guide, Sam, was very professional, knew everything not only about the park but about Tasmanian history.

1  Thank JEE19
in 7 reviews
"hot chocolate"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Great adventure while still safe and professional. Sam (the owner) was fun and super knowledgable and the equipment was top notch, clean and user friendly. We saw the most beautiful places in Freycinet that we would never have seen from the car or short hikes in the park. Lunch (made by Sam's wife) was nice too! I would recommend the half day or longer tour. One of our best experiences in Australia!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

What a fantastic way to tour the incredible natural forest, mountains and beaches. Our whole family, with kids, 11 & 13, all loved the 1/2 day trip. The untouched beaches were breathtaking, the Polaris, (family vehicle) was fun, and felt very safe. Sam and Micah were so hospitable, from freshly baked cookies, to beautiful bread rolls, and danishes. They even had marshmallows to top off the hot chocolates. The historical information was interesting, and not too long and boring for the kids, but gave us a good bit of Freycinet history.
The morning was quite chilly, so we were offered extra layers to keep warm!
We definitely recommend this to others, when visiting Coles Bay, this is a must do!

1  Thank H3016MIvicb
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Had a great afternoon, professionally run, informative and enjoyable. Took the kids had a quad and 3 seater all loved it! Worth the money spent, great views too!
No negatives to say !

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I booked the 2-hour trip as I thought the 4-hour could be a bit long. Confession time - in order to gain agreement to even do the quad bike thing, I may have used a bit of descriptive licence. She had envisaged a vehicle similar to a golf cart which she would drive along along a track that could be a bit rough in parts. It was very, very different to that and, when the trip was over, she asked guide Sam If he gets many other 62-year old grandmothers doing this. Apparently not.
There was only one other couple on our trip and I appeared to be the only one of the four of us who had any experience riding a motorbike (Bali 1979) and mopeds in Miami and Bermuda in the 90's (so, really, hardly any experience at all). Didn't matter - Sam led us through the basics for a while, made sure that we were okay to ride and then we set off. Sam lead the way in the Polaris Ranger and the two girls, the other guy and I followed. It was a bit slow going at first while everyone was getting used to their bikes so I started hanging back a bit in order to be able to fang it. Gave myself a few frights and almost tipped it over twice so decided to calm it down a bit (and avoid a repeat of my Bermuda crash when I injured my ankle).
The track was very rough and I really don't know how the big 4WDs get through it. She loved it all, especially going down a very steep hill, through a creek and up an even steeper slope in the other side. We had afternoon tea at the very deserted and beautiful southern end of the Friendly Beaches and then turned back. Our "two-hour|" trip started with the training at 1pm and we got back at almost 4.30. Still, neither of us wanted to stop.
Helmets, gloves and goggles are provided and there is a strong emphasis on safety. This and the jet boat on the Huon River were the activity highlights of our two weeks in Tassie and both of us would go quad biking again without hesitation.
PS - take your driver's licence with you for the check-in process.