Lowest prices for your stay
AU$142
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
AU$141
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
No prepayment needed
Hotels.com
All reviews quality hotel spa room place to stay off street parking visit devonport excellent location comfortable stay stayed one night centre of town continental breakfast ferry terminal tasmania spirit accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2023

For the very cheap price I paid for this accommodation, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. My room was lovely, spacious, my bed very comfortable. Front counter staff were lovely, and the restaurant wasn't too bad either. It's walking distance from the redline bus stop, the mall and where the Spirit of Tasmania leaves. I had issues with the airconditioner but they sent help straight away. I am one of those people who likes the aircon on and it kept sending heat. The only real negative I have is that it's not in the safest of areas, and when I would walk anywhere I would regularly get accosted by local drug addicts who gave me a bit of a hard time, but that's not the hotel's fault. Can just be a little dicey at night so be careful if on you're own. Overall, very reasonable place to stay.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2023

We were in the area for work and sport and booked this hotel as many other options in the region were expensive. We had stayed here many years go when it was a Quality hotel and found it a bit average... however, we were pleasantly surprised - the room was nice and had a view of the water in the distance. The parking was fine - got a bit busy one night but there is plenty of street parking otherwise. We had an Executive King on the second floor. Our package was supposed to include 2 welcome drinks but they were not offered on check in and we had to prompt them. The checkout was slow. We would stay again for the location, value and price but the service could be imrpoved.

1  Thank wombatdavid
Reviewed 18 February 2023 via mobile

2nd stay at this hotel and both times the check in was stressful. Very difficult for older people to get luggage to rooms. Carpark always full and a long way to carry bags, also up 7 steps. Advised after 1st stay to unload at front door and use trolley, then park at back. This seemed the way to go. Tried this and was was advised very rudely by reception to "oh, just park around the back and and carry your bags it's only 3 steps!". We are old, so I said we've been here before and it's 7 steps and bags too heavy,so I'll park at front and unload as previously advised. Rooms are not great a bit dusty, and very noisy from the car park. Beds are comfy, supplies are minimal (only 1 teaspoon between 2 people to make your tea and coffee, seems a bit sad). Rooms need some repairs and freezer door broken off the fridge). Restaurant food good and bar nice place for a quick drink. Wouldn't spend any time in the gambling room as it reeks of cigarettes. It's an ok place to stay but there are better around.

Room tip: Parking at a premium at times when Spirit of Tasmania docks
Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2023

The rooms are lovely the location convenient BUT. The parking is not good, the check in staff are a bit disorganised and the reservation process is deceiving. We stayed one night on arrival from Geelong the room was good on the first floor but the check in staff well Thad was a nightmare, not enough staff to cope with the clients checking in.
On our return we had 3 nights booked and our rooms were located on the ground floor adjacent to the car park and access door, sooo noisy. I contacted reception and was told these rooms are the cheapest as they are noisy!!! We would have never booked the rooms if informed of the noise. So be wary when booking this hotel.

Room tip: Ask staff about the noise issue, the rooms are good
Reviewed 4 January 2023

Hotel located pretty much in the centre of town, room was comfortable and spacious with views over the Ferry terminal and was very comfortable. Only downside that I can think of is the carpark which is located lightly down the road but can be accessed via the back door of the hotel but there are a couple of steps which makes it awkward when carrying suitcases.

Date of stay: November 2022