“Excellent takeaway”

SKs indian restaurant
Ranked #13 of 108 Restaurants in Devonport
Description: Award winning indian restaurant from Queensland and Nz now open in Devonport Authentic Indian food make according to your palate Experience Chef worked in Australia and Nz for 25 years family restaurant/business Outdoor catering and party orders accepted Halal meat available on request
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Our takeaway tonight was better than any Indian takeaway I’ve ever had elsewhere, inc London/Melbourne/NYC.

We just ducked in for a simple takeaway (butter chicken, lamb madras, garlic naan, rice $48.50) and were thrilled to discover all the dishes were absolutely delicious and perfectly cooked.

The butter chicken sauce was rich, the chicken beautifully cooked in the tandoor for texture and flavour. The lamb madras was so tasty, with coconut and curry leaves, and large tender chunks of slow cooked lamb. Naan was fluffy and generously sized. My only critique is I dislike whole spices in the rice (don’t enjoy biting down on a cardamom pod).

Overall we were extremely impressed and I can’t wait to go back for a banquet — looking forward to trying all the other menu items!

The restaurant staff member who took our order was friendly and helpful and called us when our order was ready so we could wander over to check out the Night Market while we waited.

Devonport is very lucky to have such a good new Indian restaurant and I hope SK’s continues with this high standard.

1  Thank epw2012
Sujeeth K, Manager at SKs indian restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Thanks for your comments cardamom only gives the freshness flavour to the basmati rice I ll look at putting powder but it might discolour the rice
But thanks for your concern will look at a resolution to this soon
Thanks

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

We stopped here after getting off the Spirit of Tas and were not disappointed. Delicious lamb rogan josh with real spices was the tastied I've ever had, and the garlic naan with real garlic and lots of it was so good. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ksonogan
Reviewed 1 September 2018

We had a wonderful meal, the goat masala was a must. The flavours in each dish are perfectly balanced. Terrific, attentive but unobtrusive service. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank goodfoodyum2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018

We recently ate at this very clean, beautifully presented restaurant in Devonport.
The food was splendid. The hosts were friendly and very helpful in choosing the dishes.

3  Thank Vivienne P
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I have to say I have had a few different meals here but the goat masala is a must all the flavours dance around your tongue the smell is beautifully warm was my first time eating goat and have to say will now be my favourite food I highly recommend this place

2  Thank marc l
Sujeeth K, Manager at SKs indian restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Thanks