“Great place for dessert”
Review of Antidote

Antidote
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Devonport
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Went there after having Indian next door. Welcoming staff, great range of desserts and the hot chocolates were yummy! Obviously very popular with the younger crowd as the tables were full of them! The other thing I like is the fact that they even have board games available to play - something a little different and some of the tables were having a great time playing them.

We had a couple of special requests for desserts (waffles with the apple pie topping) and the staff were more than happy to oblige. The waffles were yummy but so filling - probably only needed one waffle rather than the two we opted for (and yes it is great that you can choose to have either one or two waffles). The sticky date pudding looked superb when it came out too. Could not fault the service - very fast and friendly.

Will definitely go again but be warned it can be difficult to find Antidote as it's street presence is not that obvious. Recommend you give it a go!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I've been here twice in a matter of weeks and certainly won't hesitate to come back.

Few tips
1. If you're going in as a customer expecting desserts to be displayed, you will be disappointed. Afterall, this is a targetted dessert restaurant. You don't go into a restaurant hoping your meals are on show, this place is no exception.
2. As stated previously, this place is a dessert restaurant, so the menu is not vast. However, the menu will suit most people.
3. Be patient. A panookie takes 20 minutes to make and trust me; it's well worth it. Although, I would probably share it if you're not a big sweets person. Don't worry if you don't have enough time to wait that long, other items are a lot quicker.

The staff are quite attentive and friendly. I sat down and within minutes there were water and glasses on the table and a warm waitress letting us know the specials and two items that weren't available.

The only downfall of this place is the paint job. I understand the area is attempting to be trendy. However, the dark walls are a little too dark. It's not overly welcoming. Maybe a change in lighting would help? Or, dark features instead of the dark dominating the building.

Overall, this place is excellent and I will be back. Thank you

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

On the same night we ended up twice here, the first stop was me and my other half, we made decisions ordered and deserts came out quickly. Panacotta and lemon meringue
Without the tart bit, both looked good and tasted good. This is a relatively new place so not wanting to put too much focus on something that will improve in time, the spoons to eat with are huge, and the deserts are served in glass ware that’s quite fine, so maybe cake spoons would work. But this is after you get established.

The second time we see in a group, so we just had drinks this time, friend had the sticky date, presentation looked good and she said it tasted great. But the time between drinks coming out, finishing it, then the desert came out. Again not a big deal, but when your in the tourist game it’s best to be at the top of your game.

I have to say that we went here as a local steak house started closing around us before telling us they had no deserts available.....maybe as they were stacking chairs and turning out lights, at half eight. That’s why we went to Antidote its opening hours are great late night coffee and desert. Give this place a go it will only get better.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I visited here for dessert after having a meal at a local pub with my wife. I am sorry but I am unable to comment on the menu as the first dessert I read about was the Choc Chip Cookie Dough Nutella Panookie and that hooked me. They made the panookie fresh and it was served warm and gooey straight from the oven. I think I may have ended in a food coma due to the deliciousness but it was worth it. It's great to see young people having a go in such a tough uncertain time of difficult economic conditions.

2  Thank Sovereign_72
Reviewed 30 June 2017

For a restaurant that has just opened and entering into a new cuisine in the area, Antidote was not too bad. Admittedly when compared to the dessert cafes of Hobart and Launceston, it lacks. But as Antidote has just opened it's doing a pretty good job, and certainly their prices are very reasonable. The interior was nice, if a little dark- black painted cinderblock walls. The food was nice- I enjoyed my panookie, which was nice and gooey with a scoop of ice-cream, although the Cadbury chocolate pieces on the side were probably unnecessary given the already high amount of chocolate content. However I would describe the menu as unremarkable. The staff seemed a bit ditzy- they took a long time to bring out the water we requested, and we also had to ask for cutlery. Antidote has a lot of potential, and has found a good niche in the market, since there are yet to be any other dessert cafes in Devonport.

1  Thank Rosie E