“The best meal in Tassie”
Review of Camille

Camille
Ranked #5 of 108 Restaurants in Devonport
Price range: USD 15 - USD 28
Description: Fresh Tasmanian Produce. Classic French Chef. Traditional French Food. Delicious, yet uncomplicated. World-class Tassie produce meets classic technique in a relaxed, intimate setting.
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the motel attached to Camille before getting on the boat. We had dinner at Camille and it was absolutely fabulous.!!! The staff were amazing and so so friendly.! From the second we walked in the door we knew we were in for a good experience!! The wine, food, dessert... everything was spot on... it was worth every cent we paid and would recommend this restaurant to anyone travelling to or through Devonport!!

Reviewed 24 September 2018

Food in this restaurant is magnificent. Some people are saying it is a little pricey, but I do believe it is a fair price due the very high level of the food and service.

I had to stay in Devonport at the attached motel for business for nearly 2 weeks and visited the restaurant most knights. Nearly tasted all the menu and had no complaints.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I stayed at the Sunrise motel to which the restaurant is attached for two nights on business and ate at Camille on both nights.
The food was magnificent and the service outstanding.There is an extensive wine list including both local and French wine. I enjoyed two of the best meals I have had in recent memory, steak the first night which was cooked to perfection and scallops on the second occasion, they were both faultless. It is a tad on the expensive side but totally justified given the quality of the food and service.
I highly recommend seeking out this restaurant whenever in Devonport.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Friendly attentive staff in a pleasant cosy setting.
For Entrees I ordered roast Escargots in a herb oil,and my wife Gravlax.
Snails were OK, but not a lot of flavour. Should have the Gravlax, which was a descent size of Entree.
My steak was cooked just right, but the salad was a bit ordinary, just leaves,nothing else, just leaves !.
Creme Brulee desert was delightful, crispy top and beautiful creamy filling,(I would have liked it to be twice as thick it was so nice !!)
Surprisingly our choice of French wine was cheaper than Tasmanian wines.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Travelling back from the States to Devonport to spend time with dad and mum and had come across fantastic reviews of Camille's online - so was very excited to take them to this restaurant knowing they'd never eaten here before. Maybe I just set too high an expectation in my head!! Atmosphere was simple, but comfortable. Two of us ordered the Pork dish and it was very tasty - a little heavy - but I enjoyed it - very flavourful. My wife ordered the Scotch Fillet and it was as tough as nails. Was cooked the way she asked for it - so no problems there - but the cut of meat itself was like chewing on leather. It should have been sent back....but we didn't (our problem, not the restaurants) - we did inform the waitress and she gratiously offered my wife a complimentary desert, which was appreciated. We had a nice evening, but the experience just wasn't that special that i'd rush back again any time soon!!

2  Thank Aussieinusa1