Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews lake st clair well equipped and spotlessly clean cafe next door overland track studio cabin little extras washing machine and dryer two night stay comfortable stay continental breakfast louise hobart wilderness ida heating forest coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2021

We booked a studio cabin direct with the owner and paid a 50% deposit. It was explained to me that if we couldn't make this date we would have a credit available to use at another time. So we went with this condition.
We received a text prior to our arrival with details of collecting our keys. Our cabin was excellent. Very clean, had everything we needed for a one night stay, lovely and warm too with electric blanket and very good heating.
We had all our own food supplies so did not use the cafe or Pub.
Proved to be a wise decision to break the trip from Hobart to Strahan, the roads are a bit of a challenge in parts.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

Arrived after a very long day and was rebuked on jntercom as it was before 3p.m. 2.50 actually. Told to go to cafe next door. I believe they may be same ownership. Then when we did arrive after 3p.m., told with no tact, to wait outside. In Victoria we have signs which say how many people are allowed in a building.
Then Louise bad mouthed the hotel down the road regarding the food. We found it to be excellent. I would have difficulties recommending this place as no hospitality was shown.
Also why put breakfast cereal in the room, if it has to be paid for.
Room clean, warm, comfy - just not the welcome.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 332gillp
Reviewed 25 March 2021

I strongly do not recommend Derwent Bridge Chalets & Studios (DBCS) to anyone due to Louise's (who is also the business owner) unethical services. I'm writing this review based on my own recent experience.

On 22 Dec 2020, I made an online booking for a studio at DBCS to check in on 2 Apr 2021. I also paid a 50% deposit of $92.50 during booking. In the Cancelation Policy, it is clearly stipulated that “Deposits will be refunded if 10 days notice of cancellation is given prior to the arrival date”.

On 22 Mar 2021 (i.e. 11 days prior to my arrival date), I contacted Louise at DBCS to request a cancellation. She refused my request at first and informed me that no cancellation is allowed, and I can only delay/change the arrival date. After I explained to her the DBSC Cancelation Policy, she demanded for a written cancellation request instead. Subsequently, I provided a written request in emails on the same day at 2:39pm and 6:32pm.

5 days have passed, Louise has neither acknowledged receipt of my cancellation request nor refunded my deposits. I have been constantly following up on this matter and made several phone calls to DBCS. However, Louise either dismissed me with unacceptable excuses (e.g. away from computer or too busy) or hung up the phone as soon as she knew it was me. Louise is intentionally ignoring my cancellation request so that she has an excuse of short notice and does not need to refund my deposits. This is really unprofessional and unethical.

This gives me no choice but to lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank sanniceho
Reviewed 18 January 2021

Extremely clean cabin with Covid cleaning taken seriously. Perhaps this caused the stress in the greeting/welcome. Well appointed room with everything you need. Located next to the Wombat Cafe which is handy

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 13 January 2021

Beautifully furnished cabin with high quality sheets and towels. Very cosy and would definitely recommend staying there. Accommodating host when we were running to late to check in. Nice cosy wooden feel.

Date of stay: January 2021