Review Highlights

4 day Blue Derby Pods Ride Experience

Reviewed 11 May 2021
sdavis001
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews great balance eco luxury tara adventure accommodation skills team ride level mtb
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2021

These guys deserve nothing but 5/5! We booked as a group for 8 riders of varying fitness and riding abilities. Communication was faultless from the beginning and nothing was too difficult for Tara and Steve to answer / accommodate. There was plenty of trepidation when we started but our guides Dani and Charlie did an amazing job of measuring the group's abilities... and tailoring the experience to meet ALL the needs of the group. Trails were selected to challenge but not overwhelm. Many of us came out much better riders. Our guides seemed to know every root and rock and line on the trail and provided plenty of guidance. Many have commented on the food and accommodation being fantastic (completely agree!); however, I find that the level of attention, service and professionalism was unbelievable.

Date of experience: May 2021
SteveH6130, Owner at Blue Derby Pods Ride, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Thank you Lesley... 5/5 gives us a massive smile!

Reviewed 11 May 2021

We had the most brilliant time with you during our 4-day experience at the Blue Derby Pod Ride. The environment you fostered was amazing. Often, people do not realise how much hard work and expertise goes into making an experience like this so seamless. The amount of effort you put in behind the scenes was incredible, as was the level of professionalism, thoughtfulness, personalised care, and warmth you showed throughout our stay.

Every moment from the Mountain Bike Skills training to our farewell in Launceston was magnificent. Every day we thought ‘This can’t get better,’ but it did! What a high we were on.

I can’t speak highly enough about the experience.

We wanted to stay longer. We will definitely be back. This experience is the best in the world. And I hope everyone gets the opportunity to share a slice of the heaven you have created and curated. Thank you for sharing and caring so deeply!

Date of experience: April 2021
SteveH6130, Manager at Blue Derby Pods Ride, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Sarah, gosh, what an incredible review... We do hope to you return one day too!

Reviewed 27 April 2021

What an amazing adventure. Eco-Luxury.

So many things about this 3-day trip were great. The fully hosted, catered and guided aspect of the experience was the major appeal for us but the beautifully designed, varied and manicured trails were the highlight for me I think - and I didn't even get to taste them all. It will now be a little harder to ride and enjoy my home trails now, thanks for that.

So much variety of fresh, locally sourced and produced food for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert, we were never left wanting. An absolute deliscious abundance. Dietry requirements were met in every aspect, event down to the trail snacks and lollies.

The pods had every comfort we needed. Warm, inviting and intimate. Getting off-grid and back-to-nature for a while was what we really needed. We loved the indoor/outdoor showers... nice touch.

A special mention to our hosts, Tim and Charlie. From the hotel pick-up to the hotel drop-off and everything inbetween the guys were happy, engaged, interested and couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable and memorable. Their intimate knowledge of the trail system was so valuable and also of the local history of the town etc was fascinating. Really enjoyable company.
Tim even went out of his way to take me for a (very) early morning smash down Kumma Gutza to satisfy my desire for some double-black diamond action. Legend!!

You've made this crazy old mountbiker (and his not so crazy missus) a very happy man. Congratulations on what you have created Steve and Tara, we wish you both every future success.

Date of experience: April 2021

Corey, what a kind review... Making you both very happy makes us happy too!

Reviewed 22 April 2021 via mobile

Mountain bike trails are second-to-none & our guides knew them inside out. They clocked the different strengths of the riders & customised every single outing. Those that needed to hone their skills were given time & trails to suit , & those that wanted mental speed-descents got what they wanted too. Guides were absolutely outstanding. Locally sourced food is spot on for taste & sustainable production. Accommodation is beautifully simple. There is nothing not to like about this holiday. 10/10

Date of experience: April 2021

Natalie, such an incredible review, thank you!

Reviewed 22 April 2021

Steve and Tara have absolutely nailed it with the pods ride. The all-inclusive package makes the very best of Derby and the world-class trails there.
There's literally nothing I could suggest to improve on the experience they have developed. The quality of the accommodation, the shared living space, the food, the hosting and the mountain bike guiding couldn't be any better.
On top of that, the pods are set up with a very sustainable focus - the pods are off grid and powered with renewable energy, the food is from local artisanal producers to mention a couple of things.
The price is good too- I spent an extra day and night in Derby after 3 days on the pods ride and spent more on a per diem basis than I did with the pods, for an experience that was nowhere near as luxurious and far more hassle.
Special thanks go to Tim and Charlie - my hosts and guides for the 3 days I spent with them. Nothing was too much to ask - extra tips and tuition, they even picked up my luggage a day after I'd left the trip, met me at the end of my ride, and dropped me and my luggage off with the family who were staying down the coast.
I'd recommend this for families, couples, singles and for any level of mountain bike experience - even if your an advanced rider you're going to enjoy it.
I loved every second! Thank you so much.

1  Thank stacyt955

Wow, what a review! Thank you, thank you, thank you!