Review Highlights
Memorable experience

We cannot speak highly enough about this wonderful experience in a beautiful part of Tasmania... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
tassiedevils14
Tasmania
Yeeeeeew!

These guys deserve nothing but 5/5! We booked as a group for 8 riders of varying fitness and... read more

Reviewed 19 May 2021
NgLes
Adelaide, Australia

All reviews great balance eco luxury tara adventure accommodation skills team ride level mtb
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Having never mountain-biked before, my partner and I were blown away by the Blue Derby Pods Ride experience, entirely due to the willingness of Steve & John to work patiently with us to get the technical basics and then provide the right balance of challenge and safety. Besides their biking expertise (and ability to impart this), their good humour and deep knowledge of and enthusiasm for the local history, flora & fauna totally enriched the experience for us city folk. Each ride we took provided breath-taking scenery, whether roller coasting through rainforest or bumping up windy, rocky trails. The beautiful and carefully designed pods, fresh food, local wine and relaxed environment made for a fabulous long-weekend. As a vegan, I generally bring a plan B on such outings but I was so well catered for I didn't come close to needing my snack box. We're already planning our next ride and will definitely be back for more of the Blue Derby Pods Ride experience.

Date of experience: September 2017
Steve H, Manager at Blue Derby Pods Ride, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Hi Helena H,

We're humbled by this beautiful feedback thank you. We feel lucky for the chance to be involved in your first foray into mountain biking! So glad to hear the tailored vegan menu was to your liking too. We'd love to have you both back to Blue Derby Pods Ride in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Blue Derby Pods is a 3 day adrenaline-charged luxury experience. The all-inclusive package includes transfers, high-end equipment, guide/hosts with amazing skills, and after each day's activity, accommodation in an eco-friendly lodge (with a seriously tiny environmental footprint) nestled in bushland. There is almost immediate access to all the mountain bike trails of the Derby area to play on all day (or half a day if you want some chill-time in the lodge!) Steve and Tara morph from skilled guides into great hosts as they roll out amazing food and premium wines. Then you retire to your personal Pod that is just like a luxury hotel bedroom, with amazing views and superior linen and pillows. Only a few lucky people can experience this at one time, so I'm very glad I was one of them!

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank zoshi
Steve H, Manager at Blue Derby Pods Ride, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear zoshi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on our experience, we're so glad you were able to join us. We're also very happy to hear the meals and wines were to your liking - we regularly spend many hours testing them to make sure they're fitting!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2017

My 10-year-old son and I were among the first people to do this ride. It was one of the great experiences of my life and incredible to have my son do it with me. The team at Blue Derby Pods were both professional and friendly. They are all excellent riders and guides. The riding is simply breath-taking, through some of the most incredible scenery Tasmania has to offer. And then, there is the food and the accommodation. If you love mountain biking and you love good food and good wine and good beer and a good time - you can't go past Blue Derby Pods Ride.

Date of experience: April 2017

Hi gregbearup,

Your kind words are much appreciated thank you. From all accounts, what you and your son were able to achieve over your three days with Blue Derby Pods Ride was super special. Full credit to you both for bringing a sense of adventure and inquisitiveness that allowed for a truly great experience for yourselves and our Experience Leaders. You'll be pleased to know that the construction of further trails has just commenced through more of the incredible scenery you mentioned. Keep smiling!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were lucky enough to have been part of the inaugural #bluederbypodsride with a lovely group of mountain bike enthusiasts aged between 10-50. Amazing trails for all levels of skill, sumptuous gourmet meals prepared by affable guides and comfortable beds after a great day on the trails. Nothing better than arriving back at HQ to a warm shower (with a view) and greeted with a glass of awesome Tassie wine or beer. It exceeded our expectations. We are both also much better riders thanks to guides Steve, Tara and John who were so patient and generous with both the expert and amateur riders in the group. The blue tier epic was the highlight and the best way to finish up a perfect 3 days.

Date of experience: April 2017
SteveH6130, Owner at Blue Derby Pods Ride, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

#pedaliscious... This has stuck with us forever! Thanks so your kind words Natalie :-) Cheers, The Pods Ride Crew

Reviewed 26 June 2017

While I may be on the chronological age descent, the Blue Derby Pods Ride experience left me with nothing other than a feeling of ascent! From the minute we were collected (door to door) there was a warm inclusiveness within the group. The experienced guides encouraged us to challenge ourselves in a manner that was not pressured, with so many options to suit our personal skill set. The supplied bikes were high end which only enhanced the experience. And of course, the beautiful Tasmanian wining and dining, combined with the stunning accommodation just capped it off. The best 3 days of "time out" that I've experienced in a long time. Give it a go....you won't regret the commitment.

Date of experience: June 2017

Megan, thank you so much for you kind words... To be described as heaven is pretty quite the compliment! Cheers, The Pods Ride Crew