“Always on-time!”

Cradle Mountain Coaches
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We Provide transport to and from Cradle Mountain and Lake St Clair from anywhere is Tasmania 7 days a week, we are an on demand service happy to meet your time and location for pickup. We cater to passengers walking the overland track with drop offs to the start of the track and pickup at then end, we can store your bags for you while you complete the walk and we even sell gas canisters for your cookers on the bus. We also provide transport to most other walking tracks in northern Tasmania
Useful Information: Lockers / storage
Reviewed 9 October 2018

My partner and I travelled from Launceston to Cradle Mountain to undertake the Overland Track. Our driver, Terry, asked us if we had had breakfast. When we said no he said we should eat something before starting the hike and took us to a lovely little Cafe in Deloraine where we had an egg and bacon roll and a coffee!
On the way back to Hobart we got a lift from the Pumphouse in Lake St.Clair to Hobart Airport and the lady who drove us was lovely! Very friendly, knowledgeable and, most importantly, on time! She also stopped to let us grab some lunch which was very nice of her.
I can't speak of their service highly enough, they were great. They even delivered our suitcases to the Pumphouse so we had some clean and "nice" clothes to get changed into after six days walking.
Will definitely use them again.

Date of experience: September 2018
Chris N, Manager at Cradle Mountain Coaches, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you Wendy appreciate the good feedback :)
we look forward to seeing you again

All reviews
"accommodation"
"information"
"shuttle"

Reviewed 2 August 2018

I arranged to be transferred from Devonport to Cradle Mountain several months in advance. The communication was fast and efficient and the booking process easy. The driver arrived on time, was extremely friendly and made the trip enjoyable. I would definitely use his service again.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed 11 March 2018

The drivers are all personalities, with great knowledge of the area and were always up for a question or two. The service runs about every 10 mins are the buses themselves are comfortable and clean

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The driver are exceptional, they really care about the park and the guests. Each driver gave you a little bit or different bit of information. A real learning experience

Date of experience: December 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My daughter and I had superb service last Friday from this company. Helen drove us from Lake St Clair to Deloraine - she was welcoming, chatty, amusing, and an excellent driver. Terry drove us from Deloraine to Cradle Mountain - by this stage of the journey it became clear that I was suffering from quite severe hypothermia. Terry couldn’t have been more helpful under the circumstances - he offered to drop in to his home on the way out of Deloraine to pick up a blanket and a hot drink for me; he sat me up front next to him so I’d be as warm as possible; he refused to allow me to step out of his vehicle until he had loaded all our bags into our car at Cradle Mountain to minimise my time outside in the rain; finally, he went to a lot of trouble to engage my 15 year old daughter in conversation so she didn’t feel excluded in the back of the bus.

Date of experience: September 2017