The location is great and it's certainly more affordable than Peppers up the road, but honestly the hotel is freezing in common areas, making the inviting looking guest lounges unusable.
Rooms are comfortable. No tea or coffee making facilities in ours which was a bit disappointing. The restaurant is pretty good too - reasonably priced in my opinion, food all good with al la carte dinners particularly delicious, service hit and miss when we were there as the staff were all new and most seemed pretty inexperienced and overwhelmed, but they were all pleasant and well-meaning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania