My partner and I decided that we needed a romantic night away as I'd been working quite a lot lately and he'd been sick.
We thought why not go all out and get the best room and spoil ourselves.
Apon arrival we were greated with a happy face in reception who was very helpful.
Once we got into our room, we were happy with the bed although the room was like a sauna - very hot!
We turned the heater onto low then did the small board walk just outside our room then followed onto Dove Lake.
Upon returning, our room was cold like we'd switched the heater off, although we hadn't. We just didn't expect it to be that cold.
Everything was clean and tidy, except the spa bath.. It had hair throughout it...
We got room service which the lady who delivered it was lovely and very polite. Kudos to her.
The meal was over all enjoyable and just something light and casual how we wanted it
Before a shower, we cranked the heater onto high.
Followed by movies and bed..
We expected to wake up to the room being way too hot as the heater was on high but we woke up to a still pretty cold room.
Breakfast was okay.
We were going to leave this review in the room but no pen provided and I didn't have one on me.
Over all, we were dissatisfied with the amount we paid and the entirety of the stay.
We won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania