We loved staying at Cradle Mountain Hotel! The room was lovely - modern, clean and comfortable with a balcony overlooking the wilderness area (complete with its own boardwalk!) out the back of the property.
There is even a huge gallery onsite, with art displays, a huge gift shop and special rooms for kids to play in.
Inside the main hotel building, there are large lounges with TVs, a pool table and log fires. The restaurant is top class, and the food is delicious. There are cosy wood fire lounges dotted all around the hotel for you to relax in.
Around the outside of the hotel (and even on your balcony!) you will find extremely quiet wallabies - Pademelons as they are formally known as - and these little guys are as cute as animals come.
Location wise, a few minutes drive down the road and you are at the visitor's centre and the world-famous Dove Lake. This hotel makes the perfect base for a trip to Cradle Mountain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Agoda, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania