Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
AU$311
No prepayment needed
Go to your Happy Price
2,048 results
All reviews split level wilderness gallery king room buffet dinner king split cradle mountain national park altitude restaurant small balcony bar menu common areas pool table spa room dove lake short drive lounge area both nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2016

Enjoy with the wildlife and natural landscape. Kangaroo will jump to your balcony to say good morning. Fine dining at the cafe or buffet at the restaurant are comfortable experience. The only demerit is the noise abatement between rooms.

Room tip: Family may choose a larger size room.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Adam B, General Manager at Cradle Mountain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2016

Dear smsyuen,

Thankyou for your comments, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am also glad that you got to meet the local wildlife!. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Our family had a wedding very recently at the Cradle Mountain Hotel.Everything went as planned.Fantastic staff(nothing too much trouble)clean rooms, great buffet meals,great a la carte meals.Bit unlucky in timing in that renos to the lounge and bar weren't finished in time(due to be finished 3 days later)All in all a really fantastic weekend.

Room tip: All rooms easily accessed,you may even open the curtains to see one of the local hairy residents sitting near your little balcony
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Adam B, General Manager at Cradle Mountain Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Jim A,

Thankyou for your comments, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thankyou for your understanding re the renovations, we will be open in the next few days.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Besides the place being renovated, which is almost complete I might add and looks great, I had no issues here.
Staff were friendly, wallaby's also friendly at the back door and the bed was a pillowy soft cloud of comfort with a pillow selection that had me sleeping like a baby all night!
Dinner was delicious and breakfast was a great kickstart to the day.
Happy travels and enjoy!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear macka28,

Thankyou for your comments, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thankyou for your comments, on the renovations, the entire team are very excited for the opening, which will enable us to enhance the guest experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Excellent staff, excellent food and wine, a beautifully comfy bed, selection of pillows - birds at my window and a wallaby grazing directly below. A lovely outlook from my room directly onto peaceful bushland with tall trees. Very, very pretty.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear pacific2016,

Thankyou for your comments, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear that you got to meet the local wildlife!. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, sometime soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

To be honest I was disappointed with our stay here. This was part of a four star package that we booked to travel around Tasmania. Everywhere else the accommodation has been great except here. We were not told that renovations were taking place and part of the complex was out of bounds. Our first night, after doing the Marions Lookout walk, we came in cold and tired and couldn't get warm the whole night due to an inadequate space heater. What's more we had two double beds and couldn't get comfortable, we both slept separately. Everywhere else we stayed in the RACT accommodation was king bed, split level.

Anyway next morning I complained about the noisy hallway, cold night and double beds. The on duty reception manager didn't get it and just said it wasn't his problem and that's what was booked. This wasn't 4 star service, after a big argument he reluctantly put us in the king room like we had stayed in everywhere else. Everyone else was fantastic with their service especially Kevin, and the other lass working reception, except for this guy who should be setting the example.

The main meal at Grey Gum restaurant was pretentious and not worth the money, the porterhouse steak my wife got was rump cut to look like porterhouse (btw we are beef producers so we should know) but my wife didn't want to tell me on the night after the day I already had with the reception manager. So she kept it a secret until Stanley, far enough away :)

Apart from the reception manager the staff are so friendly and welcoming. There are a few things I would do differently here to improve travellers experience and probably still prefer Cradle Mountain Hotel over Peppers Lodge.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear West A,

Thankyou for your comments, I am sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please contact me directly on 03 64 921404 to discuss your comments further.