The hotel is tired (guess about 20 years old) and needs a good makeover. The food, you have a choice of two restaurants, was very inconsistent some dish were good but others appalling. The tap in the bathroom was missing bits (when I mentioned this to a cleaning staff was told "I know", yet nothing done after our two night visit) and the bath had pubic hairs at the high tide mark. The sheets were the wrong size for the bed and would not tuck in leaving you wrapped in the loose base sheet.
On the plus size the entrance to the national park is a few kms down the road and the views from the better rooms were straight out into the bush, very nice and relaxing. Watch out for wildlife when you walk to the carpark, I almost stood on a little echidna eating ants on the path.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania