This was our first visit to Cradle Mountain. The national park and the surrounding area is some of the best pristine wilderness I have ever seen. This hotel is minutes away and provides a very comfortable place to put your feet up, relax, have a few drinks and a good meal after a day of walking around the various magnificent tracks in the area. Rooms are spacious, and while the hotel is not exactly new, everything works the way it is supposed to. Full length ( and width ) windows at the end of the room provide a very close view of the surrounding woodland. We had several visits from some local wallabies who don't seem bothered by humans all all. It was freezing cold we arrived ( in Summer! ) and so appreciated the reading room with wood-fired heater next to our room. We ate at the "Grey Gum" restaurant on both nights and were not dissapoined. Top quality food and friendly staff. We were also allowed to keep our motorcycles under the entry portico which was a nice bonus, especially given how cold it was when we arrived.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, TravelClick, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania