This hotel is badly in need of a re-fit. Everything works but it is very old fashioned. The bathroom was particularly grim.
Breakfast is plentiful but not tasty. The fruit and croissants were the best things. Ghastly coffee. There is a buffet dining room or an a la carte. The buffet sounded horrendous and we later heard that the food was not good. We tried the a la carte and found the food not to our taste with very small portions.
There is wifi. Plenty of parking.
Reception staff were good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania