We were very disappointed by this place and would have been even more disappointed had we not secured a very reasonable deal for a decidedly average very functional hotel .
The reception staff couldn't have done or said less on arrival , gave no information about the hotel the facilities or any tour opportunities .
They also failed to tell us that the Spa was out of action .
The bathrooms were pretty out dated and could definitely do with a re vamp breakfasts were again pretty poor with very little fresh fruit on offer with most of it out of a tin
This hotel could do much better , it has potential for great improvement if they bothered .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania