This Hotel is basic budget at a premium price. Staying here truly did wreck our Cradle Mountain experience. We wished we had just gone for the day and stayed somewhere else - anywhere else!
# The room was not soundproof with a visible gap which let light and sound in. You could hear every single person walk up the hall way ALL NIGHT.
# All you can eat buffet - not one eatable thing on it and I am not exaggerating!
We refused to pay as there was nothing to eat (and we are not fussy) so my family
shared a packet of biscuits for dinner.
# Breakfast buffet - just as horrible. They actually displayed whole pieces of stone fruit
in a bowl but when you turned every one over they were visibly rotten or not yet rip.
Scrambled eggs were grey and powdery and the fried eggs could have been used
as a hockey puck. Bacon was more fat than bacon and it was boiled bacon fat at
that. When the waitress bought out a huge bowl of bananas, every person in the
place got up and took 3 or 4 because that was all there was to eat.
# there seemed to be an equal amount of nice helpful staff and rude abrupt staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania