Quite expensive ,only bareable because of the location.
Rooms very noisy must be the timber every where but I could hear people walking up and down the corridors ( and there were lots of children staying there). You could hear the next room very clplastic outside spa which we had to shut our door as we could hear people and children screaming and the bubbles that stopped at about 6pm!! thank goodness.
the rooms are very ordinary and we paid for upgrade to spa so at least w e had view of trees rather than the carpark balcony was not a balcony but a space for one person to stand.
I found the rooms to be hot , no air con and it was only about 22 min 12 and still was very stuffy - I live in tropics so used to v v hot weather but air con !! and there was no aircon!!
The staff were rude , no info about walks or the park at all.
breakfast was included but was nice. Buffet dinner was $44 and very average .
Overall very dissapointing, bit like a cheap motel. the place looks niec from outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania