Stayed here for two nights in June. The facilities are good quality but ...the more expensive 'rooms with a view' are split level and the heating is not up to the job at this wintery time of the year. A small wall panel heater just isn't sufficient. Better advised to go for the smaller more easily heated rooms in winter. The corridors are also cold and the general ambience doesn't match Freycinet Lodge another of the Pure Tasmania brand properties which has heat pumps in cabins and to support the log fires. Be aware the more casual restaurant is also closed in the winter season. The Chateau is about 7 kilometres from the Park itself. This isn't a problem and especially at this time of the year and we would recommend you drive to Dove Lake rather than take the shuttle from the park visitor centre. Warm car on your return from a walk rather than a cold wait for the bus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au and getaroom.com so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania