Cradle mtn chateau is 3 star motel-like accommodation at 5 star prices. For $330 per night for a deluxe room, we were allocated a tired-looking room overlooking the carpark. In the room, heavy furniture dominated the room, the fan in the bathroom was noisy as was the bar fridge. When on the second day, housekeeping forgot to restock toiletries, the complaints and mutterings to other staff could be heard all up and down the hallway. Dinner at Quoll was reasonable. At $35 for adults and $15 for children, it probably wouldn't survive in an area where more restaurant choice was available. It is also located about 1 km outside of the visitors centre unlike the cradle mtn lodge where 3 fantastic walks are within a few metres of their front doorstep. Overall, the chateau was disappointing, tired and the only negative in an otherwise wonderful trip to cradle mtn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the fringe of alpine wilderness, Cradle Mountain Hotel sits on the edge of Cradle Mountain Lake St Clair National Park. It's the perfect base for alpine walks. Be pampered at the end of the day with hearty mountain fare and a crackling log fire. The Hotel is home to The Wilderness Galley, a magnificent collection of nature photography. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Cradle Mountain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cradle Mountain Chateau Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
- Cradle Mountain Hotel Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park, Tasmania