Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Hotels.com
AU$158
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews free parking budget hotel sized room late at night close to shops bed was comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel whilst visiting Burnie. The front reception staff were very friendly and helpful which is always great to see. The Queen room on the 2nd level was a good sized room with a queen sized bed and a single bed, view was overlooking McDonalds and the car park (I didn’t mind at all, as I was only sleeping there), bed was very comfortable and pillows were perfect, no outside noise keeping me away but the light from the hallway did coming through the bottom of the door but soon stopped that with a blanket.

I’d defiantly suggest to put the air conditioner on if you’re leaving the room as it did get a bit stuffy (no fault of the hotel).

Bathroom was a good size, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and soap, good supply of towels etc. The only down side was the condition of the bath which I’d say may need replacing (pictured).

Mini bar had a good selection as a reasonable price and tea and coffee making facilities.

Tip: if you can, leave your car in and car park behind the hotel as there is limited parking and you might not be able to park on site during busy times or if you get back to the hotel late.

Looking forward to my next stay here.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2019

We stayed here for one night and had a pleasant stay. We had a comfortable bed, the room overlooked the cargo boats and it was a hive of activity at night with the loading of the goods. We had a lovely meal in the main restaurant of Carbonara Pasta. It was a little noisy because of the amount of people that were using the Restaurant as they served guests as well as people off the street. The service at reception was great and the Manager of the Hotel was very knowledgable in being able to advise places of interest in and around Burnie. It is centrally located and easy walking distance to the local shopping centre. A good location - and I would recommend it for a stay.

Room tip: Pick a room not located where the cargo ships are being loaded at night
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank Christina R
David M, General Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Dear Christina,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we appreciate positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.

We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodation and service the next time you are in town.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

In a town without a lot of competition this accommodation option is probably the best. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean - BUT it’s noisy (don’t get an adjoining room unless you want to hear everything the people in the room next to you are doing) realise the noise from the wood chip mill on the port is 24/7, the late night street traffic is boisterous and the beds are not comfortable. My room was also not serviced on my second day (maybe a mix up cause I changed rooms not sure) Given all this is also expensive- but then everything in Burnie is.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
David M, General Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Dear Xen_Paul,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

We look forward to you staying with us again soon so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 2 August 2019

Had the $15 lunch deal and it turned an unwise choice.
Steak and chips has no salad
Roast of the day have a very small piece of meat under a large portion of vegetables.
prawns with coconut milk and rice was bland and lacked seasoning.
if the restaurant was going to serve such poor quality meal deals it would be better not to offer it at all.
perhaps that is why it was virtually empty when we walked in twice this year.

Room tip: Have better choices in Burnie
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
David M, General Manager at Burnie Central Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2019

Dear H B,

I apologise that you did not enjoy your lunch with us, but thank you very much for your candid review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve our venue offering.

I greatly appreciate your comments about the food offering.We now have a more extensive lunch menu that should suit all tastes and budgets.

I hope you will have another visit to our venue

Regards

Reviewed 28 July 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night last week as Burnie was pretty well booked out. Read the bad rebound braced myself for the worst. Ok, it isn’t new, but the receptionist was good, the bed was good, I liked the view of the port, I wasn’t kept awake by noise, only thing I would change was the shower head, but even that wasn’t a deal breaker. I’m giving it a solid 3.5

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Mark Richards i... T

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Kind regards,