Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
AU$126
Fully refundable before Fri, 26 Apr
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews no lift double shower yogurt heritage listed building restaurant downstairs spa bath appointed rooms flights of stairs no air conditioning coffee table fabulous room hotel guests amazing hotel quirky hotel large table lovely old building up market
Selected filters
A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed 19 May 2023

I have stayed @ Ikon for five nights, my stay was very comfortable, very spacious room, staff was extremely courteous and helpful. The location of the hotel is right in the centre of city, every restaurant and beach is in walking distance. I highly recommend this Hotel ( THIS IS NOT A MOTEL)
I will stay again for sure

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2023

Saturday is long gone, we are well into Subday morning, and after lodging a complaint with local police about the wine bar over the road we are still sleepless. Soundproofing is sadly lacking, I do not recommend staying on a weekend, without expecting high noise levels. Very disappointed, and exhausted.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2023

Unusual entrance to this hotel gets you wondering - buzz and someone from reception comes down stairs to allow entrance and then booking in on the first floor. We had room one on top level so had to cart our suitcases up 4 flights of stairs, you would want to be fit! Very large room which incorporated walk into lounge - sofa, coffee table, tv - i think for movies only. To the left to kitchenette which incl. microwave, toaster, jug, fridge and coffee/tea making facilities, also a large table with seating for 4. Continental breakfast was packs of cereal/oats, milk, yoghurt and orange juice in fridge. No bread, butter or any spreads ( jam, honey ) - we bought at supermarket. ( this is my main criticism ). Good size bed, plenty of hanging space, bathroom and shower fine. Appreciated the car parking space around the corner. As i said, a good size room done up to modern standards but the floor creaked with every step you took.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2023

When we first saw the Ikon Hotel from the outside we were a little dubious how it would be inside.
But what a surprise to find it has been very tastefully renovated inside
Our room was huge, with a giant mirror, king size bed and modern ensuite bathroom.
The owner Steve was very friendly and helpful.
I stupidly left behind my electric razor but Laura sent it to me the next day by Express Post and it arrived just after we returned home.
Definitely on our list next time we are visiting Tasmania.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2023 via mobile

My wife and I were in room 1 and it was outstanding. It was beautifully appointed, very spacious and spotless. It had everything we needed and more. The front desk person (Laura) was helpful from the beginning of our stay to the end. There was free secure underground parking for hotel guests nearby. The only word of caution I would give is the rooms are on the second and third story of the building and there is no elevator. So if you struggle with stairs you might want to consider this.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple