Lowest prices for your stay
AU$178
John S
Hobart, Australia
50 years nostalgic trip.
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Feb 2024
It was a nostalgic trip for our 50th anniversary and stay in the same hotel.
Very good position right across the beach, and close to the city centre.
Fifty years ago while working as a miner in Rosebery Mine, we stayed there
quite often. I feel that it is grossly overpriced.
John Spencer
SeaView unit
  • Tripadvisor
3.7 km from Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Free parking
View of the Waterfront Wynyard from across the Inglis River.
AU$139
    AU$145
    AU$149
0.5 km from Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
View more hotels in Burnie
All reviews surf club standard room breakfast and dinner overlooking the beach executive suite very comfortable room rooms overlooking good size would stay here again pleasant stay stayed for one night centre of town close to shops balcony motel track accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2024

We had to get two rooms at this Motor Inn as they couldn't accommodate three individual adults with three beds in one room. Don't be fooled by the pictures unless you request a room with a sea view; you will probably look at a fence and a carpark, which is what we got. However, we were lucky enough to get two rooms side by side and on ground level too, with car parking right in front of our rooms, which was handy. The Motor Inn is a walk across the road to the beach and not far into town. Our rooms were adequate with comfy beds, the rooms were a little dirty including the cups and spoons had dried coffee stains with no real way to clean them, I had to use bar soap! However the bathrooms were clean but poorly designed, my bathroom had an open plan shower but put the pressure of the shower up too much and the water runs onto the bathroom floor and in my brother's bathroom the shower was in a bath, hard to get in and out and the toilet was in jammed in between the sink and shower, hard to use!! The staff were friendly, but unfortunately the restaurant was closed for dinner the night we were there, but breakfast was good in the morning with friendly, helpful staff. Overall, an adequate stay.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2024

The location is amazing - directly across the road from the beach - well placed for those early morning walks. The staff are friendly and helpful + provide excellent food and service at the restaurant. The shops + restaurants are within easy distance - it is great place to stay!! To make the most of the beach location suggest booking the Sea View Executive Suite + Balcony overlooking Bass Strait.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 January 2024

The shower was disgusting. The floor in shower had not been scrubbed never. Tiled floor upon entry was not mopped ever.Glass cups in fridge had mouth marks on them from previous visitor.. I don’t even know if the sheets on bed were clean or just made up from the previous visitors

Room tip: The beach hotel next door has good meals
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2024

Excellent place to stay, free parking, mini bar fridge in room & friendly staff. Easy access from main road. Woolies not far from it & servo just around the corner to fill up. Wider rooms and attached toilet.

Room tip: Great price for staying, free parking, closer to restaurants & shops. Servo just around the corner to fill up.
Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2023

I stayed in Room 7. The bed is very comfortable and the maintenance and housekeeping staff were helpful and friendly, as was receptionist Cindi when I booked and departed. I tried to catch up with the manager on site and by phone as I would prefer to address negative comments directly but I couldn’t catch him.

Room 7 was a standard motel room, not what I was expecting from an Executive Suite. As I pre booked and stayed for a week, I wondered why I wasn’t allocated one of the better rooms at that price. The bathroom needs an upgrade, and the bedroom would be more comfortable without the extra bed. Some simple improvements could be replacing the mismatched wire and various other hangers, the amenities were the cheapest possible comprising two shampoos and tiny soap bars, and Bushell’s tea bags didn’t impress.

I may have felt more loved had the weekday reception staff ever acknowledged me. I was surprised that neither of them ever looked up from their screen when I walked past the desk. Isn’t Rule One of hospitality to smile and offer an appropriate greeting? I seemed invisible.

Date of stay: December 2023