“Not happy....”

Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Burnie
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Booked accomodation online at lastminute, photo's of room were nothing like the room I was given, which claimed to have "Sea Views" but all I got was a ground floor room which was supposed to be an "Executive Suite" Also in the offer was free wifi that was of course not available to the room I was in, just to top it all off though my room service took over an hour to arrive, they claimed my docket was misplaced. For the price I would have expected much better!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed inter executive suit and I would expect this to be one of the standard room so I would hate to of seen the other rooms! Very basic with the kettle in the hanging cupboard ontop of the mini bar fridge...

The bloody TRAIN will wake you @ about 4AM & you won't get any sleep from then on! Pretty crappy really! Wished I was staying elsewhere!

It was handy that there was a restaurant there but the price seemed a bit expensive.

I won't be staying here again & I won't recommend it to anyone else! Pretty sad really that the standard just isn't there!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Lila-Albie
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We have stayed in hotels and motels all over the world but this was our first encounter with bed bugs. I spent the whole night scratching and itchy from the moment I got into bed. But I got an even bigger shock in the morning when I saw my husband's face, he had been bitten under the eye and his right eye and the most of the right side of his face has swollen up and was very itchy and quite unsightly. His face stayed like this for about 3 days, not an enjoyable thing to happen whilst on holiday. And as for the trains, well I think it's all been said. If the bed bugs don't keep you awake the trains certainly will! Also the bathroom was very run down and the toilet did not flush properly and leaked water (or something) all over the floor. Just a really yucky place to stay, avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dantom33
ducky35, Manager at Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

We are sorry to hear such a review.
It is hard to understand how this guest was bitten by bedbugs here as all of our beds have recently been replaced. Apparently bedbugs do not bite as soon as one gets into bed.
This guest has not backed up their claim with any notice to management as to their room number, date of stay or surname for verification.
We have many guests staying for multiple night who have never complained of bedbugs.
Bedbugs are usually carried in by guests that may have been backpacking, camping or sleeping rough.
We are a corporate motel and have never been subject to bedbugs, for that matter I do not know of many motels in Tas that are.
As for the Train, we are located in the centre of town directly opposite a functioning train line servicing the Burnie Port.

Reviewed 14 July 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights July 2011. The room itself is basic but adequate, although I was not keen on the strange window arrangements involving a former glass door onto the street for my dark ground floor room (number 38).

I must say that the bathroom has been recently redone and was very clean with the surprise of upmarket toiletries and decent, non shrink wrapped soaps.

The problem was the shock at 4am of the trains that loudly and slowly shunt rigt outside the door for several hours. Even with ear plugs it's loud. This is a pain when you have a full day of work to do the next day and sleep is rather a nice thing to have beforehand.

On the second night there was also a big problem with the raucous pub across the road, complete with loud music and an outdoor beer garden full of noisy drunks directly across the road from my room.

So it was noise until late at night from the pub, and early in the morning from the trains. For these reasons I would not ever consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank scotthumphries
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Very unsatisfactory stay on a recent business trip!
1. The staff outright lied by saying "you won't hear the trains" when I asked for a quiet room. I was woken at 0430am by the trains, which went by about every 30mins and shunted right in front of the hotel. They may as well have been shunting in the room it was so loud!
2. The room was OK (if you don't mind worn sheets with holes in them) but in the morning I was covered in bites that I assume to be bed bugs.
3. On payment of the bill the next morning I was charged more than what I was quoted on booking. I had to argue with them to reduce the cost, although it was still more than the quoted amount. Then, when I got my credit card statement a few days later, there was an unauthorised extra charge! When I called them, I was met with a very nonchalant lady with whom I had to argue to get them to reimburse the extra charge. Very unhappy!
4. The restaurant was palatable at best. It certainly did not live up to the reviews and was a huge disappointment.

I suggest to travellers to stay in Penguin instead, which is just a short distance from Burnie. It is right next the the beach, has a play area for kids, a great little B&B and an excellent restaurant "Wild". Even the pizza place across the road from Wild (I cannot remember the name) was really nice - much better than Raindrops!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank squirrelMacD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnie
0.6 km away
5.8 km away
Best Western Murchison Lodge Motor Inn
3.7 km away
Burnie Ocean View Motel and Holiday Caravan Park

Been to Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn? Share your experiences!