“Dial M for Murder !!!! Your taste buds will Die !!”

Tamar Cove Motel Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017

My mistake was I took my wife to this restaurant twice. Its Fine Dining prices for Café food at best.
As Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over again expecting different results ! "
The prices here absolutely slaughter your wallet. This is just pub grub and not very good at that.

I thought I would try again a the next day but was even more disappointed. We had to wait for an hour and ten minutes from ordering to get our entrée. The waitress couldn't our order right and then the cook ( Not a Chef ) stuffed our entrée and then our dinner.

The oysters Kilpatrick were done in some insipid sauce with almost raw bacon and almost raw oysters. The so called award winning Sea food chowder was cold. I sent it back and got a microwaved bowl of slop back. Seriously the chowder is Garbage and a tiny bowl for $16.50.

The Pork loin chop was dry and over cooked. With a few sprigs of Broccolini with a small amount of Camembert sauce and 3 half cooked crispy spuds which I specifically asked to be left off.

My wife's Scallop Pasta was just a mess and was unappealing. Very unprofessional plating and cooking. Do yourself a favour and go another minutes drive and look for another restaurant and café.
To top it all off there was a Loud mouthed Irish guys talking loudly on the phone for 15 mins whilst shoving food down his Gullet.

They can't cook good food well but can turn good food to garbage in minutes. Avoid, Avoid , Avoid unless your desperate.

2  Thank Jeriah
Stefan R, Owner at Tamar Cove Motel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Tamar Cove Restaurant. However, one has to think why you would come back again if your first experience was so bad... Prices that slaughter your wallet!!!! Hardly a reasonable comment when our prices are below most PUB meals. Our Chowder is 'renowned" and we get nothing but fantastic reviews as is the same with our Oysters Kilpatrick...Dial M for Murder???? Why did you not complain on the evenings that you were here??? I am sorry to say but sometimes the customer is NOT always right - and staff should not have to be subject to such horrible people.... As you were... Do yourself a compliment and spend your time enjoying life instead of looking for trouble and upsetting others.. I most certainly hope that you choose to eat at home and not present yourself at another foodie business.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

We had Sunday breakfast there. The coffee was great and it didn't taste like dishwashing water like a lot of places in Tas. Fantastic breaky bacon cooked really well. Staff very friendly will have to try their dinner menu

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We found the food here was excellent and with a lovely outlook. Service was good and atmosphere lovely. Nice place for a special evening meal or a great value lunch.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We've been living in the local area for about 18 months and hadn't heard anything amazing about Tamar Cove so hadn't made it round there to eat until a couple of days ago. I had the fried rice from the $12 lunch menu and my partner had tasting plate 'B'. The rice was absolutely terrible! Very salty, soy sauce on the side, not in the least authentic or fresh and certainly not worth $12. The tasting plate was even worse. The pork belly was mainly fat and the meatball was almost raw in the middle. Service was slow and I think the waiter may have been new as he didn't seem to be able to answer many questions. We won't be back. Expensive wines by the glass and no beer on tap.

2  Thank britabroad34
Reviewed 11 March 2017

My wife and I ate here. The menu boasted scallop pies and neither of could go past them, they were delicious. Service was good and very convenient if you're staying in the motel.