See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

This is a stop not to be missed the food was excellent and one of the best stays we have had since visiting tassie .do yourself a favour and drop in. the price was so low we brought some to take back for dinner. staff were excellent and super friendly it was recommended to us by locals. dont miss out and drop in

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We are locals, had a table booked this evening for 7pm, we had to sit on bottled tapped water for over an hour! No apology, dreadful service... sorry this would not have happened if Stefan was here. The meal was good but the service was woeful !

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Tamar Cove Motel is dated. It's ready for a complete overhaul. Having said that we found the rooms clean and livable. Very handy to every part of Beauty Point. The staff were friendly and helpful and there's a restaurant on the property.

Room tip: Have a look at your room first. Don't take the room next to the kitchen.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

My wife does a lot of cooking and doesnt put up with rubbish food! The scallop pie was excellent (according to her), which is praise indeed. I tried a taste and I agree!

I had the seafood chowder. It was served tepid, to put it nicely, but as it had taken a short while to arrive I was putting up with it. However the chowder was that good, it was a shame not to have it served at the proper temperature. So I got it heated up without any problem.

The chowder was as close to perfect as you could get. It was thick and tasty, but not overpowering. Plenty of seafood, in fact it seems to have been made with the end result in mind (rather than perhaps saving a penny or two and cutting corners). Im making myself hungry just writing about it!

The last seafood chowder I had that was this good was around 10 years ago in San Francisco.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We booked a table for 4 Sunday lunch time and three of us had good meals but the vegetarian......not even "not so good". She was served over cooked spaghetti with what appeared to be tomato sauce straight from a jar with 4 small slices of tasteless parmesan on it. to begin with it actually looked like a tin of spaghetti tipped into a plate.
Thank heaven the poor girl had some dips and house fries because the only vegetarian dish on the menu was frankly appalling.

I hate bagging a great venue but that was worse than poor.

Date of stay: February 2017