Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We booked a table for 4 Sunday lunch time and three of us had good meals but the vegetarian......not even "not so good". She was served over cooked spaghetti with what appeared to be tomato sauce straight from a jar with 4 small slices of tasteless parmesan on it. to begin with it actually looked like a tin of spaghetti tipped into a plate.
Thank heaven the poor girl had some dips and house fries because the only vegetarian dish on the menu was frankly appalling.

I hate bagging a great venue but that was worse than poor.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jamespikes
Reviewed 19 February 2017

The accommodation is fine for the money you pay. The rooms are not huge, but clean and comfortable. Very convenient for a short stay. The best part is the restaurant located about 20 meters from your room. Here you can experience the true Tassie produce prepared both traditional or modern way. The chef knows what people like, the staff is very friendly, helpful and accommodation. Only the breakfast is little expensive and it would be nice to have a choice of simple continental breakfast too.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Booked this property after seeing reviews on trip advisor. Number 2 in the area apparently.

Unfortunately I think the ranking of the accommodation has been falsely calculated as it's mainly the restaurant reviews that are positive which gives a totally false ranking. The actual accommodation was well below what was expected.

The rooms are basically tiny hot boxes with no air con. Absolutely no room to move. Approximately 12 inches of room around the bed and a tiny coffee making area. Zero privacy as rooms are situated in direct view of the restaurant. Had to sit in the dark as the window coverings are black vertical blinds.

Bed very uncomfortable with flat pillows.

Tiny bathroom with small shower. No room to move.

Backpacker standard at best. $129 per night is extortion.

Be warned.

1  Thank PeterCam72
Stefan R, Owner at Tamar Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Hi Peter, To say our rooms are similar to a tiny tin box is as ridiculous as the exaggeration of the 12 inches around the bed.
No, the rooms are not air conditioned, however, we get very few days here that require that and find the room fans are usually sufficient. Contrary to your experience, most guests enjoy the new Queen mattresses and find them very comfortable.
Unfortunately, if your discomfort is not bought to our attention, we cant possibly know and have the opportunity to rectify the situation. After all, we do strive to ensure all our guests enjoy their experience with us!
Kind regards

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

I had booked this room through TripAdvisor. I called the property before completing our booking as although the property advertises itself as 'wheelchair accessible' I always call to check.

I spoke with Stefan who advised that although there were no 'official' disabled access rooms the room was flat without steps and I would be provided with a chair for the bathroom. This was fine as we were only staying overnight.

What I wasn't informed of was that the room was ridiculously small!! Didn't even have enough room to manoeuvre my small wheel walker in the room, let alone a wheelchair! Any space that was available was taken up with unnecessary furniture including an odd free standing fake wrought iron robe. Furniture was 'fantastic furniture' cheap rubbish and the whole room, including the bathroom, was smaller than a standard sized bedroom! Luckily my partner could hold me up and guide me to the bathroom. There was no shower chair in the bathroom as requested either but in all honesty I doubt it would have even fit as the shower/bathroom was also tiny. The bathroom didn't even have a power socket??!

Room definitely unsuitable if you are reliant on a wheelchair or use a mobility walker.

The bed was akin to sleeping on a woodpile with poor quality sheets (poly/cotton) which were 'bally' and questionably clean. Pillows were flat and lumpy and the bed had no top sheet, only a duvet in an also questionable cover. No bed head either. Concrete wall anyone??

The only cooling in the room was a 20cm desk fan that was ineffectively placed on top of the aforementioned robe. Couldn't even leave the room door open as all rooms are overlooked by the restaurant. Had to keep blinds closed at all times for privacy.

We ate dinner in the restaurant, which I will admit was accessible for someone in a wheelchair but food was average. My partners 'pulled beef' burger was more minced coleslaw than pulled beef and was quite unappetising. The chips were apparently ok. My scallop pie was nice but also accompanied by the coleslaw which didn't taste fresh. Meal expensive for what was presented. We decided against coffee or dessert.

At $129 per night this was one of the more expensive places we stayed on our trip and probably the worst value. Rooms are probably worth $80 per night tops.

1  Thank Endless-Summer-Melb
Reviewed 14 January 2017

We had an amazing dinner here. The food was fresh and local and beautifully prepared. The servings were generous and reasonably priced. The Seafood taster was excellent, especially the chowder which was full of a variety of seafood. The Scallop pie had lovely pastry and was packed full of lovely scallops. Even the tempora battered fish and Cris-cross chips came beautifully cooked with a lovely tarta sauce. All accompanied by lovely fresh and nicely prepared salads. A real hidden gem!