There aren't many options for hotels in the Hawkesbury valley. Given that, the Sebel was fine. The rooms were decently sized, the food at the restaurant and bar was good and the service from the staff was attentive to a point.
My main complaints are that the wireless internet did not work inside my room, though it worked perfectly as soon as I stepped out of it, and that a hook fell off the back of my bathroom door when I attempted to place an item on it. I informed the front desk of this when I discovered it, which was the first day I arrived, but it had not been resolved by the time I left. Moreover, the hook was left sitting on my bathroom counter, complete with its screw.
I recognize that maintenance requests can take some time, but how long does it take to putty a hole in a door and then re-affix a hook? Several days, apparently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley is the only 4.5 Star hotel located in the Hawkesbury and Nepean regions. With 105 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, it is the ideal choice for conferences, weddings, romantic weekends away or time out with the children. Our child friendly accommodation near Sydney is perfect for a family weekend, holiday or just to get away from the busy city. This Hawkesbury accommodation is located in the historic town of Windsor in the foothills of the Blue Mountains, if you are thinking about looking for weekend getaways near Sydney, our resort is just an easy 45 minutes' drive from the Sydney CBD and 60 minutes from Sydney International Airport. Planning a romantic getaway near Sydney? You must try our resort. The hotel is set within 8 hectares of manicured, landscaped gardens, and includes an indoor heated pool, 2 floodlit tennis courts, an on-site 9-hole golf course and adjacent 18-hole championship course, fully equipped gym and kid's playground, plus the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia. It is the perfect setting for romantic getaways in Sydney and the surrounding area. The resort has 8 formal and 5 informal meeting rooms (most with natural light), offering conference organisers and delegates the ideal venue for company training, product launches or incentives. With beautifully manicured rose gardens, lakeside settings and a private chapel, it has all the perfect ingredients for a heavenly wedding in the Windsor and Hawkesbury area or any plans for romantic weekend getaways in NSW. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Hotel Hawkesbury Valley
- The Sebel Resort & Spa Hawkesbury Valley Windsor